Hyungwon drove the car to a small store next to yet another gas station. He parked in a shadowed location and Hoseok told him to wait in the car. He went inside the store and picked out few foods they could eat on the go and that would last the longest so they wouldn't have to make more public visits. He also took some basic necessities like toilet paper.

There was a TV behind the register as he was paying and the news were just on. Hoseok focused on it, wanting to see if there was anything related to him.

"The founder of LC group dies in intensive care after going to a shock. As previously reported he got injured after the car he was in drove off a cliff. The driver is still unconscious but will be questioned once he wakes up," the news anchor said and Hoseok's mouth almost dropped open as he realized what the news was about.

It was Hyungwon's father. The one Hoseok had ordered Mr. Jang to injure. It was only supposed to be a threat. He wasn't supposed to die. Hoseok felt like he had to call Boss but held himself back, reminding himself that he was still on the run.

"There's so many crimes these days," the cashier said, noticing how Hoseok's attention was focused on the TV screen. The news were now telling about a break in of a rubber factory and how police was yet to catch the two subjects.

"Mm-hm," Hoseok let out, quickly handing the cashier, who was an elder man, some cash to pay for his things.

He looked back up at the TV and blurry security camera pictures of Hoseok and Hyungwon's faces were shown on the screen. Hoseok hid his face with his cap while grabbing his stuffs and hurrying out.

He got in the car and slammed the door shut behind himself. Hyungwon noticed he was in a rush and already started the car as Hoseok talked, "I think he recognized me. Let's go."

-

They had been driving a while in silence, the atmosphere between them feeling tense, likely because of the rush they were feeling. Hyungwon kept checking the mirrors as he drove, wanting to make sure they weren't being followed. He was getting a little paranoid but he definitely had a good reason for that.

Hoseok was thinking about the news segment about them and the fact that their faces were now displayed everywhere as wanted criminals - even though the police didn't even yet know about the worse parts of their crimes. Then he remembered what he had seen on the news before that and turned to look at Hyungwon.

He wasn't sure if he should tell. It was Hyungwon's father and he deserved to know. Hoseok would have wanted to know about his own father's death too, before having to find it out himself. He wasn't sure if the situation was right, though, and how Hyungwon would react. The man was a monster but could it be that Hyungwon still had affection towards him? Hoseok knew he would feel so much guilt if Hyungwon was upset. The death was partially his fault anyways.

"Uhm, Hyungwon," Hoseok started, breaking the silence with his voice a little coarse. "When's the last time you talked to your father?" he asked a question first to get to the topic.

"I haven't talked to him since I ran away," Hyungwon told and Hoseok felt a little more relieved. At least they weren't in contact anymore. "He hasn't tried to find me. I think he knows I was involved with Changkyun's case."

"Do you wish that he would? Try to contact you I mean," Hoseok continued. Hyungwon stayed silent for a long while.

"I don't know," he finally said. "There's nothing I want to say to him. I probably won't even be able to look at his face without wanting to beat him up."

"Hyungwon," Hoseok started trying to tell Hyungwon about what had happened to his father.

"I guess I could give him a chance to explain why money and success was so important. And maybe he has changed, who knows. He might have started to regret his life and changed to be a better man," Hyungwon continued and Hoseok felt himself getting cold and heard his own heart beating faster. Hyungwon still had affection towards his monster of a father. "I want to see if he apologizes."

"Hyungwon your father is dead," Hoseok quickly said before Hyungwon could talk any more about wishing he could see his father and make the situation feel even worse for Hoseok.

"W-what?" Hyungwon let out, not quite yet registering Hoseok's words. "What did you say?"

"I saw it in the news just now. He died after getting into a car accident," Hoseok continued, already starting to wish that he would have kept his mouth shut and not let Hyungwon know about his father.

"Are you sure it was my dad," Hyungwon glanced at Hoseok as if it was going to help him figure out if Hoseok was being for real.

"I'm sure. His driver died too and he died later after being in a critical condition for a while. I think the accident was caused intentionally," Hoseok explained, earning another glance from Hyungwon. He felt nervous for some reason.

"Why do you think that?" Hyungwon held the wheel with both of his hands, his knuckles becoming a bit more white. Hoseok stared at them, his cold sweat becoming even more intense. He swallowed and opened his mouth which suddenly felt dry.

"Because I made it happen."

Hyungwon's foot momentarily left the gas pedal and was about to slam onto the break but he contained himself and pressed the gas again so that the car continued to go forward, only having lost a little bit of speed. He didn't say anything but Hoseok noticed his jaw was clenched and his eyes thin.

"Or like I didn't directly do it but I gave orders to a guy to cause an accident. It's Boss' thing," Hoseok tried to make the situation better by explaining. "He's been stalking and threatening your dad and sister for a while but I don't know what it's about."

This time Hyungwon really slammed the brakes and the car stopped within seconds, the tires trying to lead it off the road but Hyungwon's strong grip on the steering wheel kept it straight. "My sister!" he yelled out.

"I didn't know it was your sister until a day ago when you told me about your family!" Hoseok defended himself. This was going so wrongly Hoseok regretted opening his mouth. He should have shut up once he had told about Hyungwon's father's death and not go any more deep into it.

"Why are you messing with my sister?" Hyungwon turned to look at Hoseok, his eyes still flaming.

"I'm not! Boss ordered a man to stalk her and I have just been the messenger between them. I don't know any details," Hoseok wasn't sure if there was no use in defending himself anymore and he felt hopeless, thinking, 'this can't be how we end'.

"Fuck..." Hyungwon turned back to look at the road, his hands moving along the wheel he still refused to let go of. He looked like he was trying to keep himself calm. "If this is about my father's secret funds my sister has nothing to do with them."

"Once again, I don't know what it was about but based on all the files and pictures I saw, your sister is very invested with something big. Boss wouldn't be so serious about someone who isn't important."

Hyungwon suddenly reached over to Hoseok's side and wrapped his left hand around Hoseok's neck. Hoseok felt it was like a deja vu. His gaze switched between Hyungwon's eyes and the other guy was uncomfortably close. He usually didn't mind being close to Hyungwon but in this situation he felt a little threatened.

"If we ever go back alive, you better stay away from my sister, understand? Don't even get close to her, no matter what your intentions are. And tell your boss not to lay a finger on her because I'll kill you both," Hyungwon whispered, his breath hitting Hoseok's face because of how close he was.

"I-I understand," Hoseok let out with a struggle. He felt a little lightheaded already when Hyungwon finally let go of him. He glanced at Hyungwon, feeling a little afraid to even move, let alone open his mouth again because Hyungwon was clearly on the edge after their conversation. With the atmosphere tense between them, Hyungwon started to drive again.