Chapter 2

“Dani? Dani you have to move out of the way so the people behind us can order.” Emily said, breaking my thought. I mouthed a small ‘oh’, grabbed my order and mumbled a tiny ‘sorry’ to the angry customers in line behind me. That guy made my heart flutter, something I never felt before, even though we barely met and even though his first impression was rude, I was still kind of attracted to him.

We got back to our table whereChadwas still sitting down, now reading a magazine. I melted into my chair and propped my chin on my hand. 

“What’s up with you now?”Chadasked me. I let out a huff and took a bite out of my hot dog. I was debating whether or not I should tell them how I felt about this mystery guy, but it wasn’t like I was gonna see him ever again.

Or at least that’s what I thought.

“Oh nothing.” I sang, taking another bite.

“Um, ok?”Chadreplied.

After we ate, Emily dragged me to her favorite store whileChadwent off to do who knows what.

“Does it have to be so dark in here?” I complained. “I mean you can’t even see what you’re buying.”

“Oh quit your complaining girl.” Emily said, picking up what appeared to be a skirt. “I think I might try this one.” She said, while picking up another skirt. “Oo and this one. And maybe this one too.”

I rolled my eyes. “Have fun. I’m gonna go outside, maybe walk around and try to findChad.” I said. Emily shooed me off.

“Go ahead. I’ll meet you two at the pretzel stand or something.” She said. I nodded and then headed off. I passed the giant picture of a really hot shirtless guy as I made my way out of the store.

I was about to head down the escalator when I noticed the elevator close to me was empty and going down. Jogging, I made it just before the doors closed. I thought the elevator was going to go straight down to the first floor, when it stopped on the third. I turned around so I was facing the glass of the elevator, not seeing who was coming in. I heard the elevator doors open and close and then a sound of a person pressing a button. The elevator started moving as I continued to look out the glass that faced the food court.

I had just spottedChadwhen the elevator was brought to a complete stop. That’s when I turned around and saw who the other person in the elevator with me was.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I said, not because I was trapped in an elevator, but because of who I was stuck in the elevator with.