12

When Harry James Potter's name came out of the Goblet of Fire, he genuinely panicked. He stood like a statue in his seat. He was scared. Frightened. Confused. Panicky. All of the negative fear based emotions piled up in his stomach like a neverending story of the sea. It was only when Hermione Jean Granger pushed him toward the front of the Great Hall that  he was able to leave his seat and moved.

What came afterward was three headmasters yelling their heads off at him. Demanding what he did to put his name in the goblet. He endured this for almost an hour before he went back to his dorm.  But the misfortunate that would land on his life did not leave once he got into the dorm. Actually, the misfortunate didn't leave him almost as soon as he stepped out of the office-like area he was in.

As soon as he was out, he felt everything staring at him. And by everything, I mean everything. From the statues to the students still up to portraits on the walls. Even the Fat Lady gave him a dirty glare as he said the Gryffindor password. But whereas outside the Gryffindor common room everyone hated him, everyone inside of it loved him. Well everyone except one very obvious persion. Harry stood near the door of the common room unable to move or process what was going on at that very moment.

But once one of the Weasley twins said his name (he was too disoriented to remember who was who), Harry began his search for his best friend. He finally found him standing with Hermione scowling. He was scowling when he got picked too. Was he- no Ron wouldn't. Would he? Yes, yes he would. Harry walked over to Hermione and Ron. Almost as soon as he got near Ron, Ron turned around and went up the stairs to the boy's dormitory.

Harry turned to Hermione. "What's his problem?"

Hermione shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you ask him?"

Harry shrugged it off and the next thing that would happen would be one of the things he would be hurting the most over. Harry walked up to his dorm after his best friend who was just finished getting ready for bed. Ron glared at him, and Harry had enough of his childish antics. Long story short, the two of them were no longer friends. And Harry James Potter was regretting that decision right now.

Standing behind a cauldron with this Slytherin girl. A girl he thought would be just like the others. Instead, this girl looked at him with the kindest look he had ever seen from anyone wearing her house colors. And he saw the same look dance in her [E/C] eyes. One not of pity like he was expecting. But by something much more... dimensional. Harry James Potter saw the look of compassion in her eyes.

The look that told him she didn't care about pitying him. A look that told him she was just as worried for this tournament as he was. But not for him going to die like many other Slytherins falsely claimed. No, she was worried with what this tournament would actually mean. Not just for his sake. For all of the champion's sake.

"Hi, Harry." the girl said to him.

"Hi." Harry replied turning away from her.

"So, we're partnered up?" she asked him. Apparently she was adamanent on getting to talk to him. And he had no idea why.

"Seems like it." he told her, turning away from her.

"Okay." she said.

The next time he saw this weird girl was that night. In the Astronomy Tower. He had come up there to think. The past twenty four hours had been one stressed filled twenty four hours. And he wanted to escape it all. But when he got to the Astronomy Tower, a girl was there. Writing in a journal.

"I know you're there. You can come out now. I won't tell." It was like she had eyes in the back of her head (that could see through invisibility cloaks).

The cloak fell off of Harry as he stared at her. "How do I know you're not going to tell?"

"You should have thought of that before taking your invisibility cloak off." she said.

Man, she's smart. "I...*sigh* You're right."

"You can sit with me if you want. I'm not going to get you in trouble." This girl... she intrigued Harry, and so, he sat down next to her. "So, what brings you out here?"

"I needed to clear my head." he admitted.

"About the tournament?" she asked, turning to look at him.

"Yeah, I guess. Why are you here?" he asked her. Why was she so easy to talk to? It only intrigued him more.

"I'm here just thinking. By the way, my name is [Y/N]." she told him.

He remembered that part from Potions. "I know. I'm Harry."

"I know." she said, smiling at him.