8

The next morning after Harry found out about the dragons, the castle had an odd air about it. Plus, when I found Harry, he seemed even more terrified than when I left him last night. Not to mention, I was confused. Confused on what my feelings were to Harry. For a brief, fleeting moment, I wanted to kiss Harry James Potter. Plus, these thoughts swirled my mind when I went to bed about Harry's breath on my neck, his hand in mine, and his heart beating.

What the hell was wrong with me? I only became his friend because of my ambition. I want to show everyone that Slytherins weren't as bad as we were made out to believe. Sure, we were mostly purebloods and manipulative. But slytherins were so much more. We were clever and ambitious and resourceful. We weren't entirely evil.

That's what I wanted to show everyone. We weren't entirely evil. But then, these feelings appeared. And I felt more betrayed than anything. More betrayed than when my mother sent a letter to me that told me my parents were now divorced. More betrayed than... Pansy backstabbing me back in second year. Okay, back to the events playing out right in front of me.

Harry was more terrified than when the dragons appeared. When he found out about the dragons being the first task.

"Good morning, Harry." I said skipping over to him in the Great Hall.

"It's lunchtime, [Y/N]." said Harry.

It was? So, it was afternoon now? Wow. I'm slow to the game. I should invest in a watch.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Huh?" he asked.

"Are you okay? You seem pretty terrified. Is it the dragons or something else?" I asked him.

I looked at him. Really looked at him. In his eyes, I could see a hesitation there. Like he had something he had to talk about, but didn't know whether he should tell me or not. He was fighting inside.

"You can tell me anything. I won't tell if you don't." I told him.

In truth, no matter what he told me, I would keep it a secret. I had to keep it a secret. It was his trust I didn't want destroyed. I didn't want to lose it.

"Okay, but not here." Harry said dragging me out of the Great Hall.

We went to an area totally deserted and without any students. What did he have to tell me that permitted me going here where no one else was at?

"There is something you should know, but you can't tell anyone. You understand?" he told me.

I nodded. "I know, Harry."

Harry let out a breath. "You know how last year Sirius Black was on the run?" I nodded. "Well, he's my godfather, and he's innocent. Peter Pettigrew did it and escaped before we could clear his name. Last night, I talked with him."

"What do you mean you talked with him?" I inquired.

"Face in fire. You know that's not important right now. [Y/N], someone's after me and he gave me a name that could be it. Igor Karkaroff." he told me.

"Igor Karkaroff? The Durmstrang headmaster? Why?" I asked him.

"He used to be a death eater." Now it made sense.

"And there is something else. I have this dream. About being in a house and Wormtail, a man I've never seen before, and the cold voice of something inhuman was there. They said they were going to go after me." Harry said. "I had the same dream last night."

That's why he was afraid. He was just reminded what his name coming out of the Goblet actually meant. He was a target of Lord Voldemort. He must have gone through that multiple times. So, why was now so hard for him?

Why was now so terrifying for him? Maybe, it's because now there's a means of absolute annihilation. Harry was my friend now, and I would help him.

"We can be smarter than them. I'll help you in any possible way I can, Harry. That's a promise." I told him.

Harry James Potter looked up at me and smiled showing off his teeth. It was at that moment, I was screwed. I knew I was screwed. I just had no idea why.

**

It was later in the day when it happened. The event that would make me laugh till my insides fell out. I was walking with Harry in the hall when I caught sight of Cedric Diggory. I pointed it out to him before he ran off to Cedric and his school friends while I walked away going to meet up with Rosalie. But, then I found Draco in a tree.

I don't know why, but everyone else calls him Malfoy except for me. Well, his posse also calls him Draco.

"Hi, [Y/N]. What you doing talking with Potter?" he called out to me.

I turned towards him. "Known of your business, Draco."

"I'm glad you decided to ditch that mudblood friend of yours, but Potter? Really! You ditched the mudblood for him?" Draco scoffed at me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed to myself. Don't explode at him, [Y/N]. Don't let the anger control you. You're better than that. You just need to be better than him. He just wants a reaction out of you.

"At least, he's better than spending time with you. But I'll rather spend time with Rosalie." I said before leaving the platinum haired brat to his many wishes.

I spotted Rosalie to the side with her now boyfriend, Ethan Fitzgerald. Our friendship was still strong, but she spent most of her time with Ethan or Luna Lovegood. But that's my fault. Harry became a priority these past few weeks.

"You didn't blow up like the last time he called me a mudblood." Rosalie commented.

"Yeah, that's because the last time that happened, I became petrified." I told her.

"How were you the only pureblood that got petrified?" Ethan asked from beside my friend.

"I was petrified, because I was trying to protect my best friend from-."

"Hey, Potter! My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're going to last ten minutes in this tournament." Draco's voice was heard throughout the courtyard.

I turned towards him completely unfinishing my train of thought. Draco hopped down from the tree he was just in and was swarmed by his posse. Where the hell did they come from? I could have sworn they weren't there when we were talking.

Draco continued patronizing Harry, "He disagrees. He doesn't think you'll last five."

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy. He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic." Harry retorted before walking away.

Draco mumbled something before whipping out his wand. He didn't have any time to perform a spell, before the loud voice that belonged to Mad-Eye Moody yelled through the air. The once greasy platinum brat was turned into a ferret. Rosalie chuckled and so did Ethan. I couldn't help, but chuckle also at what had transpired.

"That'll teach you to cross someone when their back is turned." Mad-Eye bellowed before making Draco do the most ludicrous of things.

Ferret Draco was levitated in the air a few times before flown into Crabbe's pants. Goyle, being the idiot he was, shoved his hand down there, but Ferret Draco bit him. Everyone was laughing at them. But I couldn't help, but know that this was wrong. Some things may be hilarious, but they are wrong. But it was nice to see the not so afraid look on Harry.

And that's probably why I laughed. 

Next update: April 1, 2020 @4 PM EDT.