ch.2

Roman checked his phone for what felt like the hundredth time in the last ten minutes. His wife and family were flying in from Florida in about two hours for Mania weekend and all he could think about was Braelin. They haven’t spoken much since they slept together.

That night he had her five times before she so coldly told him it was time for him to leave. He wanted more time to talk too her, tell her that despite them no longer being together he still cared a great deal about her. But instead he opt to give her space.

He kissed her one last time, long and hard before leaving her hotel room around six in the morning. When he was out in the hallway he eyed his wedding ring deciding to put into his pocket and not back on his finger. For all the wrong reasons he just didn’t want to wear it.

In the present time Roman knew Braelin’s knee took another hit resulting in her not being able to compete until she was cleared. But despite not wrestling at the moment she was traveling with the group and was now a valet to her dear friend Finn Balor. He thought she would be in high spirits because she wasn’t sidelined at home.

But that wasn’t the case.

Roman picked up his phone and dialed Braelin but once again only getting her voicemail. He growled “You cant ignore me forever, B. I thought we were past you giving me the cold shoulder after what happened between–”

“What between who?”

Roman looked up from his phone surprised to see his wife standing in the door of their hotel room

Braelin threw her cellphone in the backseat after sending it to voicemail.

“Do you need something for your stomach?”

Braelin shook her head “No, I just need a few minutes. The morning sickness isn’t as bad as it use to be so I think it’s just the heat and the fact that I haven’t slept properly in two days”

Naomi turned up the air conditioner “What did your doctor say about your fatigue?

“That it’ll be happening alot more.”