Chapter 1

Liza

                Why did I just end up being here? I was just hunting for lunch and I ended up being invited in the residence of a big vampire coven with the same diet as mine: animal blood.

                I was staring at the coffee table for too long that I didn’t notice that Reneesme, the half-human half-vampire hybrid of the coven was trying to get my attention.

                “Liza.” She called.

                This kid has no respect on the elderly. Then again, I look much younger than her. She looked 14.

                I’ve heard of hybrids not long ago. That they grow up so fast that they reach their mature form by the age of 7.

                “Hmmm?” was all I could say. I really don’t like having conversation with people, let alone children.

                “How old are you?” she asked. Her eyes were flaring with curiosity.

                “I’m perpetually eleven.” I curtly answered.

                Then a huge, brawny man entered the room and stood in-front of me across the living room. He’s scary-looking.

                “Ok kid, speak up.” He said. His expression was unreadable.

                I raised an eyebrow. Pretty cocky aren’t we, eh? I could’ve spat something to offend him but I tried to control myself.

                Then he let out a hearty laugh like he just said a good joke. “I’m just kidding, dear.” He said with a warm smile on his face. His voice was now in a much more comforting tone. “I’m Emmett Cullen.”

                “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” I politely answered.

                Then a blonde woman entered the living room. She was the most beautiful vampire I’ve ever encountered. She reminded me of my mom. Not that I really remembered her. My step-mother just described what she looked like when she was young. The description fitted the blonde woman somehow, well, except for the super-pale skin and the extraordinarily stunning golden eyes  According to my step-mom my biological mother had blonde hair with gorgeous waves, towering height, elegant and angelic smile. I wondered if my mother became a vampire, I bet she’s far more beautiful than the people here. Or maybe my step-mother was just exaggerating things.

                The blonde woman turned to me. The moment I met her gaze, her eyes widened. It wasn’t something I could tell.

                “Hi.” She greeted. Her voice was a bit hesitant. “I’m Rosalie Hale.”

                “Good morning.” I greeted back. “The other members of this coven have already told you about me, I presume.”

                “Yes.” She answered. Her eyes were still locked on me.

                I felt uneasy all of a sudden. I didn’t like the attention they’re giving me, especially Rosalie. I turned my attention to Reneesme and let my curiosity divert me.

                “So Reneesme…” I said. It’s my turn now. “How old are you, technically?”

                “I’m 4 years old, technically.” She answered and then smiled sheepishly.