Chapter 1-Show Time

Hey guys! So I started writing another story and just wanted to let you know that this is a series so my first story 'Be Mine Valentine' is the first of the 'Together Forever' book series! I hope you enjoy xxx <3

Abbie <3

______________________________________________________________________

“What you doing?” Lexi said poking her head around my bedroom door.

“Can’t you read!” I said pointing to the sign on the door. ‘KEEP OUT!’

“Yes, I can I’m in third grade.” She whined jumping on my bed. I shook my head and continued searching the web. I clicked on google and typed up Facebook. I had 12 notifications and 1 message. I went to my messages. It was from Rachel.

‘Hey babe, can’t wait for tomorrow night <3’ I smiled and replied.

‘Same here, it’s been ages since I have seen you <3’ I then checked my notifications and shut the lid of my laptop. I turned around to face my little sister and yawned. She smiled at me, her two front teeth missing. She started singing and she bounced up and down her fairy wings half off her back.

“All I want for Chrithmith ith my two fwont teef!” She was so cute. I just sat there with a big smile on my face.

“Two more weeks and Santa will hopefully give them to you.” I said now standing. I got on the bed with her and picked her up. She squealed in my arms and I tickled her.

“Lexi baby! Are you ready?” Our dad called from down stairs. Lexi’s eyes widened and ran out of the room while yelling,

“Yes, daddy!” Tonight was her first dance concert she was really nervous and she wanted me to be there. I put on my jacket and went downstairs. 

“Hey sport, you ready?” My dad asked. I nodded while I put my boots on. The drive to the dance studio went by quickly, we listened and sang to Aqua the whole way. We entered the Studio and I found my seat while dad took Lexi backstage. I pulled out my phone to check the time and realized I had a text. Then my phone vibrated. One was from Rachel the other was from my mum. I opened Rachel’s, ‘Um change of plan can’t make it tomorrow sorry! xox’ Wonder what she had to do? I opened mum’s ‘Hey baby, I’ll be there in 10 OK? Love you <3’ What? The show started in 5 minutes. God, she is always late. I felt a bit frustrated and stood up just to see my dad walking over to me. “Hey sport what’s with the look?” He said taking the seat next to me. “Mum’s gonna be late. Again.” I said rolling my eyes deleting the texts. “Well, she’s got a hard job.” “Running a business? She’s the boss can’t she leave early?” I whined. “Brandon, you don’t understand. Your mother is a very important person, and we should be supporting her not going against her.” He rubbed his face with his hand. “Why can’t she be here to support Lexi?” I whispered. She’s always late, always missed my football games and Lexi’s art classes. She only signed up for those classes to do them with her but never showed up to one, she was always too busy! A woman came out from behind the curtains with a mic and introduced the first dances. Lexi was the last dance. Finally the curtains opened and showed a group of little girls all cuddled up together. The music started and they started dancing but one, and that one little girl was my sister, she was looking at the ground and only quickly glancing at the audience in front of her. She was nervous. Her dance teacher was at the bottom of the stage doing the dance moves so the girls don’t forget. I saw Lexi looking at me with tears in her eyes. She mouthed ‘where’s mummy?’ I was wondering the same thing, she’s missed the whole concert, what happened to the ‘I’ll be there in 10?’ I shook my head and she her mouth opened. I couldn’t let this happen. I stood up and walked to the steps of the stage. Lexi smiled at me and held out her hand. I grabbed it and walked onto the stage. The teacher gave me a look and then I started dancing the moves. I remembered every step because I was always in the room when Lexi was practicing. I sill held onto her hand and she danced and dangled off it with a huge grin. I am so going to get teased for this. I saw my dad get the video camera out and come closer to the stage. Oh well. The song finally ended but Lexi didn’t let go of my hand she kept dancing so I picked her up and walked off the stage. Everyone was clapping and standing. “I wuv you Bwandy!” She said in my arms. “I wuv you too baby doll” I said back brushing her hair back behind her ears. She gave me a big slobbery kiss on the cheek. “Good job Brandon, I’m proud.” Dad came up behind us and took Lexi into his arms, “And you! You were amazing! My little pumpkin, you are a star.” He said throwing her up into the air. “Where’s mummy?” She asked on his shoulders holding onto his ears as we walked to the car. “I don’t know Pumpkin maybe she’s at home making your favourite dinner.” I looked up at her and she didn’t look satisfied. I had people come up to me telling me how brave and sweet I was to to that. The drive home was silent, no music, no talking. When we drove into the driveway there was a police car. Dad frowned. “OK then, anyone expecting company?” I shook my head. A man was standing at the front door. “Can I help you?” Dad asked. “Good evening sir, uh, I have some bad news. May we talk inside?” He took off his hat and we all poured into the house. Dad told me to go up stairs and put Lexi to bed. I did what I was told. 

I sat in Lexi’s bed with her reading a book aloud. It was about a Princess who found her Prince charming and they lived happily ever after blah, blah, blah! I looked over at my little sister to find her fast asleep. I kissed on the forehead and turned on her night light and the big light off. I met dad in the hall and his eyes were wet telling me that had been crying. I gave him a confusing look. 

“Hey bud, I have to go to the morgue.” He said trying to dry the tears from his eyes but more coming out once he did so. 

“Wh-why? What’s wrong?” I asked. He had a sad look on his face.

“I need you to look after Lexi. It’s your mother.” He said. My heart stopped. My eyes were wide and I felt tears fall from my eyes. 

“She was in an accident.” He told me his voice cracking as he spoke.