Chapter 29

"Hey love, how you doing?" Mark asked as Aria left. 

I shifted my position on the couch so I was sitting up. "I feel, I don't know,  reborn? I mean I know I'm human and all but I feel like everything from before is gone and I just feel fresh. It feels like I slept for a long time and now I don't need to sleep much."

"Well that's fine by me. More make out time for us." Mark flirted as he sat down and wrapped his arms around me, enveloping me in a warm hug.

I sighed in content as I pressed against his chest, my head resting on his shoulder. I missed this. 

"Are you upset with me? With everything that's happened? We need to talk about it." Mark brought up the recent unfortunate events.

I got out of the hug and sighed again. "I'm not upset, just down. I mean it was bad, what happened but I'm glad I got to save Aria. She means everything to me and if the positions were reversed, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Mark nodded understandingly. He shifted uncomfortably.

I frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's just I would do the same for Ian. I know we act like we're not that close but he's so much to me." Mark looked straight at me, staring into my eyes. "Lynn, promise me if anything like this ever happens again, you will look after yourself. I know Aria means the world to you but I want to mean the world to you too. I want to have a life with you. I want to somehow have kids and birthdays and fights with you. I can't have that if you're dead."

"But Ma-"

"I know you two are joined at the hip but I want to be with you. I'm not saying stop being friends. I'm just saying, don't forget about me." 

It hurts to say it but Mark's right. Aria and I have been best friends since high school. How long was that going to keep up? She'll always be my best friend but I want a best friend in my lover and Mark gets me. I can tell him things I can't tell Aria. I need to start thinking about him more, put him in the spotlight in my life too. 

"I'll try."

Mark smiled, his hand squeezing mine. "I love you Lynn."

"I love you too Mark."

And then he kissed me. And it wasn't just a quick peck that normal couples do everyday. No, it was a full out passion filled make you feel like you're in an oven kissed and I loved every bit of it.

Mark's hand cupped my cheek as he scooted over to me, pressing his face againts mine. He kissed my forehead softly, continuing down as he trailed little kisses, peppering them to my cheek, then finally to my mouth. 

I gasped as his lips pressed against mine, finding sweet solace in his softness.As his tongue circled my lips asking for entrance, I greedily opened them, seeking the comofrt that I missed.

After what seemed like hours of comfort and passion through kissing, we stopped as we sat on the couch and cuddled. I flipped through the tv channels trying to find something worth watching. Mark played with my hair as he ran his fingers through it, strand by strand. 

"Stop that, you're gonna mess it up." I whined.

I shouldn't have done that beause he started running his hands through them faster until there were definite knots and tangles visible.

"Mark!" I screeched as he started laughing. 

"I can help you get those out." Mark suggested.

I raised my eyebrows. "Mhmm and how do you plan on doing that?"

He moved his lips to my ear as I continued watching the tv. "The shower." He whispered. His breath tickled my ear, making me shiver from his seductive tone. 

That's actually not a bad idea but we've never had sex before and I don't think I'd want to have it with him in the shower. 

"Mark I-" 

Before I could tell him how I felt, his phone began vibrating.

"Keep talking love, I can call whoever it is back." He responded sweetly.

"Okay well I-", his phone kept vibrating and I couldn't concentrate. "Just answer it."

Mark sighed and picked it up. "What." He growled. I sat there patiently, watching his facial expression change from angry to confused to what seemed like hopful.

"Wait really? Now? Okay, be there soon."

He got off the phone and looked at me. "That was Ian. He said Luke found a witch who might be able to help us."

"Mark that's.."

"Yeah, I know. All our problems will be solved. We actually need to go meet up with Aria, Ian, and Luke at our office. We'll discuss stuff there."