“Well I don’t know Mister, you are his brother perhaps you should be the one who knows why your sister takes sleeping pills. I’m just relaying the information I found upon diagnosing Miss Yang.” The doctors explains carefully. “Is there something bothering your sister? I advice you talk to her about that personally. Taking high dosage of these drugs can put her into some serious risk. It can start with simple stomach pain or being forgetful at some times. It could be worse than that if she continues to take these pills without proper prescriptions.”

               “What is the reason why people take sleeping pills?” I ask.

               “The very common reason is insomniac but this is only short-term and doesn‘t require a high consumption of these pills. I’m no expert in this field but as a doctor, I think that the case of Miss Yang has something to do with her personal experiences. Did she undergo a traumatic experience? Maybe that’s the reason. You see, internal wounds take a long time to heal than physical wounds. Just because a person looks fine doesn’t mean she is.”

               Hongseok kept quiet as if he’s thinking about something.

               “Talk to her and ask how she’s been lately. And if you’ll excuse me, I have some rounds to do. You can ask me if you have further questions. I should get going.”

               “Thank you.” I said and the doctor nods in response before leaving. “Hey Hongseok, you’re okay?”

               “I just can’t believe Kiel would do something like that. She was always smiling as if nothing’s bothering her. I can’t believe I fell for that. It’s not over. He’s haunting her.” Hongseok says quitely but I’ve heard every word that came out of his mouth.

               “What’s not over? Who’s haunting her? Is this about the accident?” I said frantically.

               “What?”

               “Kiel told me that she got into an accident with your parents? But she can’t quite remember all the details. Atleast that’s what you said to her.”

               Hongseok was quiet for a minute. I stare at him waiting for a response. He’s been sighing nonstop and I knew there was something he’s hiding.

               “Hongseok, you can’t expect me to not say a word or ask atleast. You knew how big her impact was on me so don’t tell me not to get myself involved with this.” I plead.

               “Okay.” Hongseok sighs in defeat. “Before you say something or judge me please hear me out first.” Then I nodded.

               “There wasn’t any accident. Our parents are not dead. They’re in prison. Kiel suffered from a severe traumatic experience  10 years ago and it has been going on for atleast a year. She was abused by our father while I was away for college. I knew it wasn’t safe for her to left alone at home but Mom always said that she’s gonna protect her but she didn’t. She loved our father more than she ever loved us. When I was in my Senior year, I came home only to find my sister all bruised up and skinny to death.”

               “Apparently, my father thinks that she’s not his daughter but believe me, my mother would never have an affair with another man. She gave up her career so that she could focus on being a good wife and a good mother to us. She was supposed to be a painter but she sacrificed her passion for the sake of this family.”

               “When I found out about Kiel’s condition. I did not hesitate to call the police. It was a long painful process for Kiel. She was just 10 and the trial gave her a trauma. She cried and had nightmares during nights. The questioning during trials scared her to death. She told us about how our father would beat the shit out of her and ... and h-how he has taken advantage of her.”

               By this time, Hongseok was already crying and I can feel my eyes starting to blur because of the tears that are threatening to spill.

               “My sister was raped by her own father.” Hongseok closed his eyes and his lips trembled in every word he spoke. “She was just 10 Yuto. Imagine how it crushed her, how it ruined her and I didn’t do something to stop it from happening. I came a little too late.”

               “And then I thought, maybe it was okay that she can’t remember what happened. Must have been because of the pills she took when I let her see a pyschiatrist. You see? The only reason why I told her she got in to an accident is because I don’t want her to suffer the same shit she did when she was young. I couldn’t do that Yuto. I couldn’t let my sister live in fear again.”

               “But you have to Hongseok to tell her. You know she deserves to know the truth—the truth about her past. No matter how hard we try to protect her, its her battle. She’s the only one who can beat the inner demon she has within herself. The one fed by her fears and the trauma she had. It’s about time Hongseok. She needs to face this now or it’ll forever haunt her and you know I’m right.”

               “You are.” He smiles sadly. “I just don’t know how. I thought we were okay. We left our hometown and stay here in Seoul for good and then this happened. I don’t know where to start Yuto. All this time, I have no idea of the what’s happening to her.”

               “You see, we can’t fix a person Hongseok. All that’s left for us to do is to be by Kiel’s side as she heals. It won’t be easy. It will be painful as hell. But if that means she gets to free herself from her painful past then we’ll have to take it. You can’t fix a problem by running away from it. It just gets worse and worse by each day.”            
               After a few minutes of silence Hongseok speaks up.

               “Once and for all, I will set things straight and I will tell her the truth. Please be there when she wakes up. I will need a lot of courage. Give me a day or two. Just let her rest first.” Hongseok says.

               “Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her.” I assure him with a smile.

               “I know you will.”

               And with that, Hongseok disappeared from the empty eerie halls of the hospital.

               '°•♡•°'°•♡•°'

ANOTHER YUTO POV FOR U :>

Another thing, I’ve decided to write two more books. Its gonna be about Kino and Wooseok. In fact, I have already figured out the plot of these stories and I even made covers (patterned to cryptic's new cover) and wrote a few drafts about them.

I’ll publish them when I publish a new chapter of Cryptic so it would be a lil bit of a spoiler of Wooseok and Kino’s future life. hehe

P.S- I used a fan art from 'we heart it' for the new cover of Cryptic but I couldn’t find the real creator (but there is some sort of signature on the actual fanart and it can still be seen on the cover) so if you know who he or she is, let me know in the comment sections. I owe him/ her a lot.

THANK YOU FOR THE 4.7k+ READS! U DA BEST ILY ♡

happy reading!
-d