Chapter 8 - Race 2: Fuji

About a week later, Alwyn arrived at the parking lot in front of Fuji Speedway where the second round of the Super GT series is to take place. After stepping out of his car, he made his way to his team's pit garage where he finds his crew adjusting the Storm for the upcoming race. Not bothering to wait for Ichiro who had just overslept, Alwyn changed into his racing attire, got in the Lister race car and proceeded with his track practice. Meanwhile just a few doors down from Donington's pits, MVP Motorsport eventually launched their RCF's away for practice as well, two of them as well with one just to show off. Once practice session was over, Ichiro finally made his way to the pit garage and went on to practice in his car moments before the other car pulls over at the pits to conclude Alwyn's practice session for tomorrow's qualifying. About and hour and a half later, the other Lister returned to the pits as well with Alwyn's Japanese teammate climbing out, still tired despite setting a fast lap. The Welshman was surprised, so was Nigel who was just watching from the monitors. "Pretty good, Ichiro." Alwyn said to him, "Arigato." his teammate thanked him in return.

Later that evening in Yokohama, Lopez and Tanedo went to talk with their boss regarding how it may turn out in Fuji should they decide to cheat in the race. "So how do you think are we going to deal with those brits this weekend?" Tanedo asked in a curious tone, "If you two get into trouble, at least we can try to bribe the stewards. The problem is how long we're able to do such without the committee batting an eye." the boss replied to the question, "Now how about our recent score from Osaka?" he then asked the two drivers. "She's fits the description perfectly, Mr. Revilla would be very pleased." Lopez answered, knowing that their client may be spending his money well on a Japanese school girl that he can force himself on to anytime he want. "That's very good, here's to hoping that we get a podium this weekend." the boss said to his two drivers in the JGTC, encouraging them into doing their best to make their dirty way into getting on top of the leaderboard. Following the conversation, the two drivers approached a tied up school girl who was locked up in a makeshift jail cell in a warehouse in Yokohama. "You're gonna make a great midwife for our clients back home" Lopez said to the girl, causing her to panic a little. Tanedo then slapped the poor girl, knocking her out for the night before the two drivers left for their apartments in Tokyo in their sports cars.

As the weekend began in Fuji Speedway, the Super GT roster begins to gear up for their qualifying race, fastest to cross the line starts the real deal in front of the pack. Later on, the Donington Motorsport Listers lined up behind the MVP RCF's and launched away upon the green light. After an hour and a half of racing, Alwyn Maddock and his teammate Ichiro Yoshida makes it into front once more. Skipping over to the Sunday race, the entire Super GT roster was off to a great start of the race. The Listers and the RCF's were once more at a conflict for a podium position, causing the drivers to begin taking risks as they put their cars as close as physically possible to have them trading paint. Tens of laps later as they close in for the finish line, both Maddock and Tanedo were neck to neck as they approach the Netz section, they were then overtaken by Asami Kawashima, the female driver in the red ARTA MR-S which happens to be a race car variant of the Toyota MR-2 which then turns past the last corner and charged to victory. After the amazingly tense battle between Donington and MVP, Asami Kawashima emerges victorious in her ARTA MR-S. The race is now over for the rival teams that were battling it throughout the entire race in Fuji. As the event ends with a victorious spray of champagne on the podium, the female racer went to look for Alwyn and Ichiro whom were just coming out of their locker rooms to change out of their suits. "Alwyn Maddock?" she said his name out loud, "Yes...?" the Welshman responded as he approached the Asami, "You've done pretty well out there, congratulations." she said as she held out her arm for a handshake. "Thank you, you've done pretty well too, Asami-san." Alwyn replied as he shook her hand, "I see that you and Yoshida have made an enemy out there on the track." She then said as the puts her arm down, "Yeah, MVP's drivers are pretty bloody aggressive." the Welshman said in response. "Sorry we never got to meet last time, i was dead last because of Lopez." She said, mentioning the teammate of the Filipino driver that Alwyn was battling it out with during the race. "Oh it's okay, it's pretty rare of me to be interacting with a racer that won against me." He replied. "Sort of the same case for me." She then said to him, "Well...i should definitely pack up, my cousin is coming home from the airport tonight and i need to pick her up. I'll see you soon, Maddock." The girl racer then said as she turned around the left the pit garage, "She's pretty cute." Ichiro said as he approached his teammate who then started walking in the opposite direction, "She surely does..." Alwyn responded in a mumbling voice with a weak smile on his face as they both leave for the parking lot, calling it a day after a race weekend that pretty much ended badly for both Donington and MVP. After a couple of hours, the four drivers shrugged off their failures and made their way home to rest for the night.