Chapter 2

Normal Pov

Ian sighed as he looked at his twin's crossed eyes. His hand rested upon Ssundee's cheek. "Why were you cursed to have this?" Ian asked, pain flashing in his eyes. Ssundee smiled sadly. "It'll be o-," His fit of coughing interrupted his sentence. His body shivered as his face grew blue. Ian quickly picked him up and ran upstairs. The whimpers and creaks of the stairs below his feet bellowed through the house. Ian wrapped Ssundee in a blanket and held him close. 'I'll find you a cure, Ssundee,' He thought to myself. He felt the back of my eyes burning from the tears that were forming. He couldn't cope with the fact that this curse would be with Ssundee forever. Ssundee shivered extremely from the lack of warmth. Ian has had it. "I'm going to find you a cure, even if it kills me!" He yelled. Ssundee smiled sadly and started crying. "Yo-You'd do that for me?" He stuttered. Ian nodded as he grabbed his cloak. "Wendy will be taking care of you while I'm gone," As he trudged toward the door, he felt of trembling arms wrap around his midsection. "Come back safely, big brother"

Come back safely....

Present day (Ian's Pov)

I looked at a picture of my little brother. It's been 3 months since I've seen him. I miss his sparkly, inviting eyes that would always warm the room, no matter how cold. "I'm keeping my promise Ssundee," I choked out the words. I travel from place to place finding healing plants, but i can never find the one needed most. The Fire Lily of the Nether. No one has ever seen one during a blizzard, but I'm determined to find it. I settled down in my chair and sighed. The sounds of crackling fire filled the quiet room.

Come back safely...

I cringed at Ssundee's voice as it rang through my head. "I will little brother. I promise," I muttered to myself.

You'll never find it!...

I jumped from my chair and grabbed my sword. "Wh-Who said that?" I spat. I then heard a cackle of pure evil echo around the room. "Poor, Poor Ssundee. I should put him out of his misery," My eyes darted around the room. Then, an image of Ssundee appeared infront of me. He was sitting on the bed crying. He was holding a knife covered in crimson blood, and the smell of blood filled the room. I tried to cry out for him to stop, but the image faded.

"S-Ssundee," I choked out ," you shouldn't do that" Then, i woke up in a cold sweat. I looked around and saw the light of day shining through the window. I stood up heroically and threw my cloak around me. I walked to the door with all my supplies in hand. I walked out into the blizzard. "I'll save you Ssundee,"