Part 33 : Clearer

Start from the beginning

"Meaning?"

"That i lost for now custody of my child Gabby!" She said angry but sad at the same time, ready to burst into tears.

"Hold on Stella, what do you mean? Severide has custody of her? And you can't see her?" She said shocked.

"Yes!" Stella looked away for an instant and Gabby knew right away it wasn't the whole story.

"But there's more uh?"

"Of course there's more, none of this would have happened if maybe we had a real conversation. Severide said it was a mistake to have a baby with me afterall, because i was a drug addict" she wiped a tear that came out after all this time of holding it in "I know he said that to hurt me, but you guys know this is a sensitive subject for me! So i left with Olivia"

"Yeah but why?"

"Because i was hurt Gabby the last thing I wanted was to see his face!"

"Yes but Stella come on you guys are married and sharing a daughter" Brett added.

"Well then guess i was wrong for keeping him away from his daughter too!" She said trying to convince herself that what she did was the best option.

"Excuse me! You know you were wrong for this, and you know what that is? Karma coming to bite you in the ass!" Gabby was fed up.

"Oh please Gabby, you have no kid! You don't know how you would have reacted in my situation"

"Maybe but still he is Olivia's dad you can't just keep him away from his own daughter, no matter he said to you" She argumented.

"Wait Gabby, I do see her point of view" Brett shyly dared to add.

They both looked at her waiting for an answer.

"Kelly just to hurt her brought her past, it was almost like he said Olivia was a mistake. I can understand she felt like hiding her from him, how can he say such things. It feels like maybe thats what he was thinking this whole time" she said then proceeded to add "even if it was not necessarily the beat idea but I understand"

"Thank you Brett!" She sniffed and then said "look I just, I feel lost right now! All I want to do is swing by Severide's new place and have my baby back"

"And Severide?" Gabby asked.

"I love him so much with all my heart but i just can't seem to get past his words"

"You'll have to! You are a family after all" Brett said while rubbing Stella's arm.

Stella didn't know what to do, it was getting late and all she could think about was Olivia. She also had in mind the drugs in her system, she knew Renee had to do with it but she had no way of proving it.

Meanwhile at Severide's house, Renee decided to pay him a visit. Although it was already getting late, she didn't care.

"Hey what you're doing here?" He asked surprised to see her.

"Well thought I'd surprise you, you hungry I brought Thai food" she said smiling and showing him the bag of food.

But then she acted surprised to see Olivia there. She knew Severide had custody of Olivia for now but yet she pretended no to know a thing that was going on.

"And this lovely little lady, what is she doing here Kelly"

"Well its a whole story Stella had an accident with, she was apparently on drugs and they came forced her to give me Olivia."

"Well it's a good thing right? I mean if she was on drugs, it is dangerous for your daughter"

"See the thing is I know Stella and she fought hard to get herself clean, so I don't think she" then he stopped, he was thinking "or at least I don't want to think she did it"