o n e

We eyed the cafe's clock as if there's no tomorrow. Cold sweat rolled down my forehead as the hour hand pointed at 11 while the minute is at 57.

"Jenna." I called the red-haired while keeping my eyes fixed on the clock "Do you think we'll make it?"

She shrugged, "I'll make it for sure but can't say much about you. That's why I'm nervous, too."

"Curse you Bae Jenna. You're not helping at all."

11.58

"Well I do help you in the university interview last month. A lot."

"Alright. Take the win Jen. You win this argument."

"Oh wait. We were arguing?"

I tilted my head to the left. We've been stucked with each other for 8 years long. Neighbours, classmates, bestfriend. For a whole 8 years. Yet, I'm still not sure if she's joking or totally an oblivious nerd.

Jenna Bae is a weird girl from Canada, you see.

11.59

"Bitchhh one minute to go." I picked up my phone beside my frappucino. "Send me the link."

"Wait." She skimmed through her phone. "You get it?"

"Got it."

I clicked the link and were brought to a government education portal.

"Do we put our ID card number here?"

"Yeah. Put your 12 digit ID card number and they will tell you wether you got a university offer or not."

I put in the ID card number and cover the phone screen with my palm.

12.00

"Okay Jen. On a count of three. One-"

"I got Silver University."

"Jenna Bae you insensitive eel!"

"Huh?"

"Ughhh nevermind." I tapped the 'enter' button. The change of background colour from white to blue hinting the result is behind my palm.

Slowly, I revealed the phone screen.

Congratulations! You've been offered to Silver University. Please print out the offers letter below.

"OH MY LORD I GOT IN!" I screamed my lungs out, only to realized 3 seconds later that the whole cafe is looking at me.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking guilty as hell. Another 3 seconds, everyone started continuing their own activity.

"Woah Song Raemi." A brunette waiter called. "What the fuss?" Putting his tray on our table, he sat beside Jenna.

"Nothing much. She just got an offer to the same university as her crush, Silver Uni."

"Silver University? You have a crush on... Me? I'm sorry but I'm in a 20 years old relationship with cereals."

"Not you, Jacob." I hissed at him. "Though you are sweet and good looking, I would never go out with my bestfriend's brother."

"Why not?"

"Just- no. And I am loyal to my crush."

"Eventhough he doesn't even know your existence?"

I scoffed hard. "I'm sorry Mr. Baecop? Could you repeat that again? Because the last time I checked, we are texting each other almost everyday."

"So you are having a crush on your friends?"

"A senior." Jen answered. "He used to be Raemi English mentor back at highschool. A super popular guy. Kevin Moon."

"Kevin?" Jacob lifted his right eyebrow, "That was my ex.. what you doing?"

"You serious?"

"Haha nope." He fixed his cap. "So are you applying for SilvUni only because of your crush?"

"I am looking for a university that offers English course. Silvuni has the course. So why not? Watch me killing two birds with one stone."

Jacob flash a bright smile before standing up, probably to go continue his job. "Good luck on your study then, both of you. And Raemi. Make sure love doesn't get in your way of studying. Having love interest is okay but sort out your priority."

"Nah, don't worry. I'll confess to him and move on if he doesn't like me. Plus, I have made a vow in front of Jennie."

"Vow? What vow?"

"That if she doesn't confess to Kevin Moon the moment they encountered for the first time there, she will let me cut her hair short." Said Jenna on my behalf.

Seems like a good plan, isn't it?

But God know what awaits.

* * *

thank you for reading <3