Chapter 4

I wake up and got up off the couch. I walk into my room and I walk up to Ryan, and gently nudge his shoulder. He stayed over last night and I wasn't going to throw him on the couch. I get to go back to school today.

 "5 more minutes," Ryan mumbles. I chuckle and I crawl on the bed. I start to bounce on the mattress, careful not to bounce on his legs.

 "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I chant. Ryan opens his eyes and looks up at me. He smiles and crawls out of the bed. I get off of the bed and grab a black long-sleeve that's a little low cut, dark boot-cut jeans, black ankle socks, and my beanie. I walk into the bathroom and change. I throw on my black converse and I straighten my hair. I put on the same make-up I put on every day and I brush my teeth. I put on my beanie and walk out of the bathroom. I see Ryan in faded jeans and gray socks. Also, he's shirtless. I see how built he is, he isn't like heavyweight champion built but he does have muscle. He turns to see me and he chuckles.

 "You know you're blushing, right?" he asks. I feel my cheeks and I bet I look very flustered. It's because I've never seen a guy shirtless other than my Dad. I just back into the bathroom and shut the door. I lean against it and look at my feet. That. Was. EMBARRASSING! I shake my head, trying to get rid of that image. I hear someone knock against the door and I open it. Ryan now has a Seether shirt on. He smiles and I walk out of the bathroom.

 "I never seen you blush before and I have to say that you look cute when you do," Ryan says. I look at him and he chuckles again.

 "Trust me. I won't try to ask you out unless you want me to," he teased. I just smile and chuckle a bit. I leave the room and head downstairs. Mom has breakfast ready and I grab a plate with 2 pancakes and a few strips of bacon. I grab a cup of coffee with vanilla coffee creamer. I sit down at the island. The kitchen has white tile floors, and black granite counter tops, along with the island. The fridge is a double door with an ice and water dispenser. The kitchen has a glass door that leads to the backyard. It's 1 acre and it leads to the woods. There is an in-ground pool with a patio. There are a grill and a porch swing. The back porch is a little smaller than the front porch.

 "Hey. Thank you for breakfast, Alexandra," Ryan says to my Mom. She chuckles as she wipes the pancake batter on her apron. She smiles, making me love that I've finally can bring someone home that can make her smile so bright.

 "Your welcome dear. As I said, you can come over anytime!" Mom says with a smile. As we finish, we grab our bags and hoodies, then head off to school. I drive in my jeep and Ryan hops in my passenger side. I play Kiss It Better by the band He Is We.

~❤~

 I go into the Girls' Locker room. I grab my shorts and my long-sleeve. I walk into the bathroom stalls and change. I check to make sure none of my scars show. I nod and walk out of the stall, putting my clothes and bags in my locker. I go into the gym and sit in the bleachers. I see Ryan come out of the Boys' Locker room. He comes up and sits next to me. Ryan looks at me then at my sleeves.

 "Aren't you going to be hot?" Ryan asks. I look at him with a blank expression.

 "No, I never really participate," I say.

 "Well maybe not at your old school but Mr. Kline won't let anyone slack on participation," Ryan says. I sigh, not wanting him to find out. If he gets pissed over me talking about getting bullied, just imagine what he'll do if he knows that I cut.

 "Alright, everyone run 4 laps around the gym as a warm up!" A man with gray hair, baggy, grey sweatpants and a blue jacket with no hoodie, says. I'm guessing he is Mr. Kline. Ryan and I get up and start running around the gym. Ryan runs at my pace and Mr. Kline looks at us.