Survival of the fittest

I felt terrible. Oliver lay in front of me, clutching his leg. His blood still dripping from my mouth. I tasted my betrayal. I felt sorry for Oliver who had just gone out for some food. I had betrayed him. I could never forgive myself. Never. I looked down at Oliver again. His eyes rolling back in his head. The wound I had caused him was bleeding. There was now a big red buddle around Him. It made me sick how I could not see it was my friend I was chasing. Maybe I am meant to be alone. I am killing everything that ever came close to me. Feared that whoever came close to me might leave me. I don't know if I could handle another loss. Oliver squeaked on the ground. The sound made me shiver.

I looked around for something that could help Oliver. Nothing. Nothing but a big field...

Wait? A field! I looked behind me. The end of the forrest. But nothing to help Oliver. I looked down at him again. Poor Oliver. He trusted me... I failed him. He had now fallen in to a restless sleep amd as i wached him tears started rolling down my face. I had found what i had been looking for my whole life. Somone to love. And then i allmost killed him. I got down beside him and started cleaning his wound. It was the least i could do.