Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea

Start from the beginning

He sighed a little, walking into the kitchen and pulling up a chair and pulling it over near the stove. "Sure, what's up?"

"I want to do something with you next week. Along with our friends. I had my last exams today, so I'm done with school. Graduation isn't until next month, so I have time. I was thinking we could rent a cabin near the beach." You were waiting for the water to boil, so you poured you and him a glass of iced tea to cool down. 

"I guess... But there better be a computer." He sipped the iced tea, and a satisfied "ah" was heard after. 

"I think there might be.. If not, just bring your PASTA." You saw bubbles starting to form in the water, and you excitedly jumped up to grab the pasta. You broke them in half (my dad does this so they don't get super long) and put them in once the water was really boiling. 

"Hey, Urushi, can I ask you something?" You began to stir the pasta, so they wouldn't clump up. 

"I told you not to call me that dumb name. But sure." He sipped his iced tea, glaring slightly. 

"I know you're a fallen angel, but you never gave me the full back story..." You trailed off. You didn't want to pressure him, but you were also very curious. 

Urushihara's POV 

"I know you're a fallen angel, but you never gave me the full back story..." 

I tensed up slightly. Dammit, I knew she'd ask about it eventually. It wasn't that I didn't want to tell her the truth, but I was scared. I didn't know how and I didn't want to lose the one person who's actually given a damn about me! But if I want her to trust me, I can't keep secrets. 

"Basically... Maou, Ashiya, Emi, and I come from another realm called Ente Isla. Maou is Satan Jacob, the ruler of demons, Ashiya is Alciel, one of his generals. Emi is the Hero Emilia, she killed me once. Oh, by the way, did I mention I'm also a demon general and I killed hundreds, no, thousands of people?" I was beginning to panic at the last bit. What if I get sent back to Maou's? I was miserable before, I can't go back... 

Normal POV 

You absorbed every word he said, carefully trying to think of a response. When you couldn't think of one, you saw Urushihara stand up, and start heading towards the door. You ran after him, hugging him from behind. 

"What are you doing? Don't you hate me?" He sounded as if he was going to cry. 

"No, because everybody has a past, whether good or bad. The past is in the past. People can change. I could never hate you when you've given me so much to be happy about." You hugged him a bit tighter, smiling slightly. 

His eyes widened, and he began to cry. But they weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of joy, that someone finally saw him for who he really was. 

"Let's eat, okay? I'll call the others after dinner and we can plan the getaway." 

He sniffed, wiping his tears away. "Okay." 

~Time skip to the next day~ 

"Hurry up Urushihara! The others are waiting!" You were standing in the doorway of your now-shared bedroom with your boyfriend, your suitcase next to you. 

He put the last of his things in his suitcase, following you outside. 

You both loaded up your things into the van, and your friends had come into view. 

"Emi!" You shouted at them, waving. 

"Y/N!" They all sped up a bit, most likely desperate to get out of the humidity and into your air conditioned RV.