Part 32 : An accident

Start from the beginning

He asked some more questions and then was on his way.

After giving some thoughts about the whole situation Severide decided to change shifts. So now he wouldn't see Stella anymore.
_________________________
Meanwhile Renee got called by the investigator and so they reunited to talk about the case.

"So what do you think?" She asked him anxious to know if he could see the custody of Olivia being given to Kelly.

"Look if you are referring to which parent could the custody be given to, my answer is nome of them" he clearly said.

"What? Why?"

"Because both parents with some sort of drug use, we don't know if they could go back to it at any time. Plus they both work 24 hours shifts, they barely have time for that little girl."

A pause then he added.

"If I'm being for real, if you are looking to have the best for this baby. She should be away from both parents"

"You think she should be in foster care or something?"

"I mean with the history of drugs, yes probably"

"Um"
__________________________
After that talk Renee didn't know what to do. She was herself a mother but yet she wanted Kelly but not necessarily with the daughter he came with.

Next shift Stella came and saw that Kelly clearly had change shifts.

So Herrmann worried about her asked "are you okay Kidd?" He gently pat her back.

"I think I am, i've learned to be strong Herrmann thats the only way. But shit for my daughter I feel weak, I feel like I want to fight anyone that's in my way for her" she took a deep breath in and out "but i'm trying to stay calm"

"You sure us and our mess didn't ruin anything the other day with that investigator guy?" He was worried for her.

"I don't think it did more than what Severide already started".

"Yeah but maybe it didn't help!"

"Who cares, I just don't understand why! Why would Kelly do this, I love him more than anything. Having a daughter with him was the best thing that ever happened to me. But maybe this whole time the feeling was not mutual" she let out a frustrated sigh.

Herrmann offered her a hug that she happily took. She needed it. It was more than clear Severide was avoiding her and she was worried.

While going on a call she received a call.

It was Renee.

"Yes! Stella Kidd speaking"

"Stella, it's Renee. I need to see you, the divorce papers are already signed by Severide. I need you to sign them"

Stella thought a good moment that she didn't want to sign this papers. But after seeing Severide's attitude, she decided to give in and if he wanted to fight they would fight for custody of Olivia.

"Sure, what time do you need me here" she asked.

"When is your shift over?"

"Around 4, but I have to go get Olivia first. So i guess i'll be there around 6pm. Sounds good? At your office right?"

"Yes, i'll see you there then"

Stella was ready to get this over with. The rest of her shift she spent it worried but yet she did one hell of a job each time.

It was time to leave, and so she saw Severide coming for his shift while going to her car and so she couldn't help but say.

"I hope you're happy, I'm going to sign that fucking divorce!" She faked a smile and left without letting him say a thing.