The silence was unsettling between us as Rihanna ran a hand over her black long deep waves. "Your option is to take her. Keep her in your suite and not allow the other women to know." She sounded as shocked as I looked at the idea of keeping her a secret. Yet, it was the one and only idea that currently made any sense, but it was also the most dangerous.

"Fuck!" I cursed. I knew there was no going back now. I had already made the decision to keep her alive. Now I had to follow through with it. Turning the engine over, I threw the vehicle in drive, and headed towards the house. How could I be nervous over something as small as the woman in the back of my SUV?

"She's going to get you killed," Rih reminded me.

"As if I already didn't know that, but so is anything and everything else I do!" I exclaimed, turning onto one of the side streets. Tonight wasn't about killing, it was about getting pussy. But somehow I was getting far more than I bargained for.

"You know she has to die no matter what. Putting it off won't make it any easier or worse..." Rihanna tried to sound sincere, but I realized in her words just how much of a pussy I had to look like.

"I'm aware she has to die. She watched us murder someone, that's besides the point. I'm going to get what I want from her, take it if I have to. Then and only then will I watch her bleed out."

The words rolling off my tongue disgusted me, but so did the fact that it bothered me to think of killing her. Rih must've seen the anger in my eyes because she seemed to pull away a bit.

"I'm just trying to remind you babe. I don't want you becoming attached if you know what I mean." She winked as if she was trying to attempt a joke, but I found it completely humorless. I knew what she meant, so did the other women we lived with and worked with. One had become attached to another female not that long ago, almost going as far as wanting to quit the syndicate, and go out and live a normal life. We couldn't allow that to happen, so we did away with her.

Turns out it made her into an even more ruthless killer. I didn't ever want to find myself in a situation like that, so I would keep Onika at a distance. It was the only thing I could do.

"Attached would mean I would have to like her, feel some type of emotion for her, and we both know that emotion isn't really my cup of tea." I turned off onto another side street. We were less than five blocks from the house, and my adrenaline was starting to pump, my heart pounding loudly in my ears.

"Emotions don't always have to be present at first. You should know that, hoe," Rih shot back at me, but I was too caught up in my own head to respond. Instead, I headed down the alleyway behind our house, pushing the button on the garage door opener. The garage opened revealing that only one of the other three women was currently home. Relief coated my insides immediately.

Why was I scared? Nervous even? These weren't emotions that I knew how to handle.

"Take her straight upstairs. I'll distract whomever is here," Rih said, jumping from the car the second I put it in park. She didn't seem to care that she had to keep a secret, then again I had seen her do a lot of shit and never said anything.

I nodded my head without a word said and opened the door. My steps were heavy as I headed to the back of the SUV, pushing the trunk button on the key fob. As the door swung open, my eyes landed on her lifeless body. Yes, her chest was moving at a slow rate, but everything else on her made her seem lifeless. Her makeup was smudged, her dress ripped from the struggle she had with me.

No emotions. Turn them off.

The woman underneath all of this, deep in my skin, in my heart told me to let her go. If she could just run fast enough, escape fast enough then she would be free of any chance of death. She would get a chance to live.

But the other part of me, the woman that I was right at this moment told me it could ruin everything. Not only my reputation, but it could very well be my life in place of hers.

"Coast is clear," Rih yelled into the garage, startling me to the point where I almost drew my gun.

"Fuck! I need to get out of my head," I whispered to myself as I grabbed Onika underneath her arms and hauled her up. Her feet dangled over my shoulder and down past my stomach.

She seemed to weigh nothing, her height was barely above five foot, and the most dangerous thing about her at the moment was the fact that she was still breathing. With a slam of the trunk, I headed towards the door into the house.

There's no going back now, Bey.

I hurried up the stairs and into the foyer. The whole place was designed like a bachelor pad, my room being on the top floor. We had big screen TVs and a kitchen that was made for the wildest parties, but we also had our own spaces with our own private bathrooms, personal kitchens, and living spaces within rooms. Really there was no reason for us to venture outside of our floor if we didn't want to. We had everything we needed within a few feet.

Scurrying towards the elevator, I walked through the living room, my head twisting in every direction. I pushed the up key as many times as I possibly could. I knew if I got caught with her, my death and hers would be dooming.

When the elevator dinged, I stepped inside casually and headed towards the top floor. I held my breath until we made it there, Onika's body still unmoving against my own.

"Fucking shit!" I about yelled as I stepped up to the door placing my key card inside to gain entry onto my floor.

My head was a fucking mess. The second I stepped through the door, I placed Onika on my bed and headed straight to the fucking shower. I couldn't think straight with another man's blood on my hands. That and Onika was fucking with my head.
Emotions weren't my thing. Yet,

they were coming to life right before me.