Zentheos

"I'm not allowed to talk. If I do and Father finds out he will take away the light. If I look at anyone mother will not feed me. If I'm noticed I'll be whipped."

These words he spoke them like a mantra, like a hideous poem he never wants to forget.

This infuriates me.

'Why do I care? I don't know him and yet all I want to do is protect him.' I think to myself.

"Well they are gone. Your parents,"I spit the world out like a burning spike,"they wont be coming back. You're Gabriel's now and no one touches what's his." I say looking at him.

He was small, so small and skinny and fragile. When Zak touched him and he panicked it broke my heart, and I could see the same happen in Zak's eyes. He has been in pain all of his life, you can tell, see it in the way he trys to hide within his our flesh, within his shadow.

"Kicho?"I ask.

I don't even know his name.

"Why do you call me that?" He asks.

"I'll stop, I'm sorry, it's just I don't know your name." I say looking at him.

"I like that name, what is it?" He asks.

His voice is as frail as he looks like a thin little crystal dangling several feet off of the ground by a strand of hair.

"It's Japanese, it means Precious."I say.

"Zentheos!" Gabriel yells.

"I must go." I say looking at him I stand and go out the door.

"But I'm not precious." I hear him whisper as I close the door.

My heart brakes and I know from this moment on even if I didn't want to I will strive to make him happy so he will never have to cry.