CHAPTER 4

Everything was going fine until Kyle broke the news to me. Yes being in 1975 can be exciting but being stuck is terrifying. We're just 18 year olds who needs distraction.

"Uh. I have bad news..." He looked up to me with worried eyes. It's almost 2 pm and we're about to go back to 2016. His hands held the Trial tighter as he spoke. "The Trial broke. We can't leave yet." I was mortified. After hearing his words, I felt hopeless. Yes, this environment can be nice, beautiful and welcoming but I can't just leave my life behind. "What? But how about our lives? We can't just stay here and build something new!"

He looked at the clock once again. "You know, there are rules with this clock. We'll still be able to go back. It will fix itself but we need to wait and stay here until it is fixed." Of course hope and relief sprang back to me. "How long?" "The minimum time for the Trial to fix itself is about 10 years." My eyes widened. Ten years! That's way too long. "What?! Kyle you can't expect me to stay here for 10 years! Why can't you try to fix it?!" He put away the clock and sighed. Trying to keep his calm. " You need to understand! I can't fix it because if I tried and failed, it will never be fixed again. I can't risk it! Or we'll be stuck here for the rest of our lives." The last part was barely audible but I heard it.

And that's how I ended up here in a park, a few kilometers away from the house.

Roger's Point of View

The four of us are seated in John Reid's office, discussing the new album we're about to make. We've just finished our tour for Sheer Heart Attack and Reid wants us to start working on songs.

"We need a new voice. An extra melody. You see, our harmonies seemed lacking." Freddie tried to explain to us. He's been convincing us that we lack something for almost half an hour now.

"Are you trying to say that we need a fifth member?" Brian spoke.

"Maybe." All of us looked at him skeptically. A fifth member doesn't sound that bad but it's surely something we didn't expect. After a few more hours of debating and bickering, the meeting ended. Freddie then invited us to join him in the pub not far away from here.

"Guys?" Freddie suddenly stopped as we were passing a park on the way to the studio. "What is it?" Brian asked, confused as to why we stopped. Freddie put his finger up to his mouth as to shush us. "Don't you hear that?" After saying that, I became observant to my surroundings, trying to listen to what Freddie was trying to make us hear. That's when I heard it. Someone's singing. A girl and her voice is very beautiful. She's singing a song I didn't recognize. All four of us followed the sound of the voice which led us to a girl indeed. She has her back on us and is leaning against a tree. 

"You have a great voice darling!" Freddie complimented. The girl jumped a little and looked at us. 

"Allison?" I asked. Her eyes widen at the sight of me which is cute actually. "Roger?" My three band mates turned to me probably wondering why we know each other. "We've met." I told them cause they're going to ask anyway and they nodded.

"So darling, that voice is what we're looking for!" Freddie said giving all his attention to her. 

"What?" - her

"What?" - Me, Brian and John

"You see, we're looking for our fifth member and your voice is just perfect!"

"So you're Queen?" She asks Freddie but she's looking at me. I suddenly remembered our meeting last night. I chuckled to myself, cringing at my state that time.

"-- and you want me to a be part of your band?" She asks again. "Yes."

John was about to say something when Brian stopped him. I guess Brian's fine with it then.

"Just like that? You don't even know my name." She said. "She has a point actually." Brian pointed out before holding his hand out to her. "I'm Brian, this is Freddie, this is John, and I assume you know Roger." Brian gestured to each of us as he state our names. "I'm Allison and I don't think you actually want me in your band. I'm not even that good." Her words made me frown, she obviously hasn't heard herself.

"I know talent when I see one -- hear one in your case sweetie." Freddie reassured her.

"Yes. You're voice is lovely." Said John who spoke for the first time. "Uh thanks I guess? I- I'll think about it." Brian quickly grabbed a calling card from his pocket and gave it to Allison.  "We hope to hear from you soon." I said to her. Brian and John said a few things to her that I didn't really hear but whatever. Soon, we parted ways and we continued our way to the pub.

The place isn't too crowded but isn't peaceful either. Just normal pub life. Freddie quickly got us a booth from the back.

"What do you guys think of Allison?" Freddie suddenly opened up, taking a sip from his drink.

"Well, she's nice and she has a very good voice. I like her already." John said.

"That's true. I'm down with her being the fifth one. Do you think she plays?" Brian said just as his drinks came. We all just sat there and talked about pretty much Allison and how cool its gonna be if she accepted our request.

Allison's Point of View

I hurried back to Elisa and Michael's house after my very short yet very huge conversation with Queen. They want me to be their fifth member? Must be impossible. Once I got there, I rushed to Kyle, he's in the kitchen, which means I need to use Kaizer. Ugh I really need to get used to our fake names now.

"Kaizer!" He looked up from his phone with with a mortified look. "Jesus, don't scare me like that." He breathed. "Queen... Wants me." Confusion took over his face when he heard what I said. "What? What do you mean?" I took a deep breath and explained him everything that happened since the moment I left the house out of rage to the moment I met Queen.

"I'd probably just tell them that I can't be part of the band." I sighed. Maybe joining wont be a good idea. "No. Go ahead, join them. Accept their proposal and call them." Wait what? He really wants me to do that?

 "Are you nuts? Ky-- Kaizer we're already messing with time here and now I'm about to mess with history and you're okay with it?" 

He looked at me dead in the eye. "I don't think it would change much. You can be with them for ten years and just leave the band when the Trial is fixed. Hey, at least you won't be bored." I shook my head and started my way to my room. "I'll think about it."