Something about us

Start from the beginning

"Listen to your heart, Katakuri, don't ignore what it tells you! You are the right guy for her, and there is no better time than now to keep showing her that you are, until she feels confident enough to give you an affirmative answer!" Pudding voiced loud and clear to me, as I went to nod at her words. 

"Y-yes, I can't stop now! I have to see her again!" I uttered out, as Pudding nodded at me, before going to try and attempt to shove me off the bed. "Then what are you waiting for? Go see her now, you donut-loving sweet commander!" She smiled brightly to me, as I went to get up, and practically run to where Brulee stayed. 

"B-brulee, I want to get on board the Strawhat's ship, now!" I told her, as she smiled brightly at me in response. "That's my big brother!" She chirped, before going to lead me away to one specific mirror in general. "Go get her!" She cheered, as I nodded enthusiastically, before going to jump in. 

(Your POV)

"Answer the question, Hawkins." I told the blond as seriously as I could muster, as his face couldn't of shown any more how much of a damn he doesn't give. 

"Why do you want an answer to such a ridiculous question? It's pointless information." He mumbled to me, as I tried to keep my stern face. 

"Because I have the right to know! You will tell me, or I will cut your beautiful locks off in your sleep, Rapunzel!" I threatened, as he didn't as so much flinch at my threat. 

"If it will get you to finally leave me alone, then I will tell you... " He sighed, as he went to shuffle his cards. 

"...Yes, the dolls could, in theory, perform this 'Duloc' song you keep asking me about." 

"YES! Then please make them do it!" 

"No." 

"W-why not?" 

"Do I look like the type to indulge in such childish fancies?" 

"Kinda!" 

"What?" 

"I mean, you are a literal straw man! How could you not mess around with a power like that? One day you can be a scarecrow, another day a puppeteer!" 

Hawkins was looking mildly annoyed by my words, despite how content the dolls looked at me. "Well, if you won't make them, can I play around with them?" I asked with a tilt of the head, as he went to shake his head at me. "How many times do I have to tell you? They are not toys; they are voodoo dolls." He sighed exasperatedly, as said voodoo dolls went to zoom wonkily towards me, and snuggle my hands, as he glared slightly at them. 

"And how many times do I have to tell you all? Stop reacting to her!" He frowned deeply, as the dolls didn't seem to listen this time, instead going to climb into my arms, and look up at me.  "I think the little cuties want to hang out with fun (y/n), and not boring Hawkins!" I giggled, as Hawkins practically rolled his ruby eyes to the back of his head at my words. "I do not care anymore; do with them what you will. I will allow you to 'play' with them for 10 minutes." He told me, as I nodded, before going to hug the cute little things, who went to hug me back. 

'You may pull the devil-may-care act convincingly, Hawkins, but you are not fooling me!' I smirked smugly, feeling quite satisfied with myself at having cracked the code to this man, as he seemed completely uninterested in me now, going to simply pay heed to his beloved cards. 

Just by taking my eyes off of them briefly, the 10 little snookers went to crawl all over me, one going to lay atop my head, another on my chest, two on my shoulders, two on my arms, two on my legs, one on my back, and the last one going to plop itself on my face.