Three

Zach's POV

By the time we had finally gotten home, I had dried my tears and evened out my breathing. I had kissed Jack! I really loved it too.

No! Stop!

I cringed and felt a sudden wave of guilt. What was I thinking! He probably knows that I like him now...

You don't like him!

"Yes I do!" I do and I'm not going to ignore it anymore... that's when I realized that I had accidentally said my thoughts out loud...

Well shit...

"What?"

Jack... He was confused...

"I'm sorry... I was just think out loud... Aggressively."

I mumbled as I got out of the car. Damn it!

"Okay... Let's go upstairs to your room and that damn thing bandaged."

I instantly panicked. He planned on helping me do it... He couldn't see.

"No!... I mean I can do it by myself... why don't you just get me the bandages and take them up to my room... I'll be waiting there. Thanks Jack."

I hoped that he would just leave it as I walked upstairs to my room. I pushed my door to close it and started to take my blood soaked jeans off. As I slid the soft denim over my cut, I grimaced and got really sad. Why couldn't I just be normal and not have a crush on my best friend? As I walked to the mirror, I saw my reflection. Five scars and one cut... I let a tear slide down my face as I saw myself in the mirror.

I hate myself! Why do I have to be gay? I know it's wrong, but I cannot deny it any longer.

Jack's POV

Walking up the stairs, one by one, I clutched the white bandages underneath my arm. Why was Zach shaving his leg? It didn't make any sense... but to each their own, I guess.

As I approached Zach's door, I noticed it was open about halfway. I couldn't help myself, so I peeked through. Zach stood in front of an oval body mirror, blood running down his thigh. His expression was blank and his face wet from tears. The cut wasn't that deep, but it definitely needed bandaging. So I stared. Then I noticed them.

Five scars spotted around his current wound around the same size and shape.

No... No Zach... Why would you do this to yourself?

As tears flooded my eyes, I pretended to have just walked up to his door and I knocked.

"Zach? I have the bandages!"

I waited until he came to the door to stick my hand through. When he grabbed the packages I couldn't stop myself, I held the them tight so he couldn't walk away yet.

"Zach... I love you and need you."

I didn't want him to know I knew, but what was I supposed to do? Let it go like nothing had happened? I didn't mean to say it... It just kind of came out.

"I'm sorry I ruined dinner..."

Zach said in a sad tone.

"You didn't ruin dinner Zach... I did... I should not have made such a big deal out of something so small. Okay then... If you need help I'll be in my room."

I didn't want to leave him, but I knew if I had stayed, I would have made things worse.

I'll just keep an EXTRA good ear on him tonight.

"Night Zach."

"Night Jack."

Narrators POV

As the boys got home and filed into the house, Jack woke up to their loudness. He sighed and realized he had fallen asleep when he was supposed to be watching Zach. A pang of worry shot through him.

He threw the covers back and rushed through the bathroom to Zach's bedroom. The light to his room was off and he was laying asleep, stretched out like a starfish on his bed, lit only by the bathrooms lighting. Jack smiled, chuckled to himself, and thought he looked even more beautiful when asleep, if that was even possible.

Without realizing what he was doing, Jack walked into Zach's room and admired his soft skin and fluffy hair. He really was gorgeous. He walked to Zach's side and placed his hand on Zach's jaw. Three fingers behind his ear and one on it. Jack left his thumb on Zach's cheek and stroked his smooth skin with it.

Jack watched as Zach grabbed Jack's wrist in his sleep and smiled. That simple action made Jack's heart wrench. He looked at how his dark lashes made crescents on his cheek. So beautiful, so peaceful.

Jack kissed Zach's head and moved his hand away from Zach's face. With that Jack walked to the other side of the bed and layed down next to Zach. He cuddled close and covered up with the blankets. Zach absent mindedly turned and nuzzled his head into the hollow between Jack's neck and chest.

Jack inhaled Zach's natural scent, and smiled. As he drifted off into oblivion, he took a deep breath and whispered,

"I love you."