One

Jacks POV

As I watched my computer screen with enthusiasm, I heard my name being shouted from the room next to mine.

"Jack!"

Zach, of course... Always interrupting my gaming. Wait, that didn't sound like a shout. Now that I think about it, that sounded kind of like a-

"Jack!"

My thoughts were interrupted by Zach's loud voice. He was my best friend after all... I couldn't just stay here... Maybe there was something really wrong with him. As I took my controller and set it on my desk, I sighed longingly.

Goodbye fortnite.

Now, unable to control my curiosity, I headed through the bathroom that separated mine and Zach's rooms. He sounded like he was in pain?

"Jack... Please..."

As I walk to touch the cold wood of the white door, I heard him say my name again. What the hell?! As I opened the door, I saw Zach laying stiff, back arched, covered in sweat. He was biting his lip sexily and was grabbing the sheets with intensity.

Sexily.

Always with that word.... Did I really just refer to my best friend as sexy?

Yes...

The thought scared me so much that I panicked and pushed the thought away.

I was not gay!

I had a thing with Gabbie anyway. That proved that I wasn't gay.

But as I walked into Zach's room, I started to question it.

No! I was not gay!

I walked over to Zach and touched the soft skin of his bare shoulder, now slightly dampened by his sweat. I didn't think anything of it because he always slept shirtless.

"Zach? Zach, are you okay?"

As I said that, I gently shook him. I wonder why he would have said my name like that?

"Zach!"

I said a bit louder and with conviction. And with that he jumped and sat straight up on a gasp.

Zach's POV

"Jack... Please..."

I moaned as he kissed my lower belly. He was going to be the death of me. As he dragged his nails along my abdomen, I sighed and arched my back to his touch. I was biting my lower lip so hard that I felt as though it was going to bleed, and I was gripping the sheets with such force, my knuckles were turning white.

Yes.

Jack made his way down my stomach with his soft lips, slowly torturing me.

As he reached the towel around my waist, I stopped to look at him. And with that, he removed the rough piece of material to lower his wet mouth ove-

"Zach!"

I gasped and sat straight up, only to look in the eyes of the one I was dreaming of.

No no no no! Why me?! Why now?!

As I tried to calm my ragged breathing, my already flushed cheeks colored a few shades brighter. I looked to the carpet, thinking of what to say.

This isn't happening!

I tried to convince myself that it wasn't, but it was. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, he spoke.

"Zach, are you... okay?"

I looked him in his gorgeous brown eyes. His voice was so sexy, and somewhat accusing.

What was I thinking?! I am not allowed to be gay! It's not right! I'm going to go to hell! I must punish myself...

Tears forming in my eyes, I turned away and said,

"Yeah... I'm fine... I just had a nightmare."

My voice was shaky and I hoped he believed my lie, 'cause he could never know my deepest secret.

I was in love with Jack Avery. My best friend. And that 'nightmare' was quite the opposite.

Jack seemed to consider it. Then he said,

"Zach, it's 5:00 in the afternoon, and you sounded like you were moaning my name."

Shit shit shit shit shit! What do I do!

"Ok... sorry..."

I said sarcastically, even though I was scared.

"I was having a... daymare? Ugh, whatever, I was going to be killed by someone, and you just sat and watched..." I lied. I hated lying to him... He was my best friend, god I hated that word, but what was I supposed to do? Tell him: Hey, I was just having a dream about you blowing me off! Nope!

He couldn't know.

He just couldn't.

Jack looked sad for some reason, but I couldn't pin it.

"Zach... I would never do that to you, and you should know that."

He said it in a small and undermining voice. That's why he was upset. Duh! How did I not see that?

"I know Jack. It was a nightmare, er..I mean... daymare? Anyway, I can't help what I dream about!"

That was a fact. And I knew that if I could, my 'nightmares' wouldn't be happening.

"Okay, okay. Do you wanna go get something to eat? The boys are all out tonight, so it's just me and you."

Just me and you...

His words repeated in my head, but now was not the time for this. So I nodded and asked,

"Could you let me get ready? I need to shower and get dressed..."

"Yeah... of course. I'll be waiting in 45 minutes."

And with that he left me sitting alone, in my bed with nobody.

My crush was literally next door, and yet I felt so alone.

I am not allowed to be gay! Stop saying you like him! Jack is your best friend! FRIEND!

As the tears that had earlier formed now left my eyes to find their course down my cheek, I stood up and saw the tent I had in my boxers.

No! Stop!

As the horrible thoughts came to my mind I began to sob quietly. I rushed to grab some clothes and ran into the bathroom, locking both doors behind me.

As I started the water, I didn't want to feel anything. Before Climbing in, I grabbed a secret blade from my drawer and held it for a moment. So shiny. So sharp.

As the tears kept falling, I climbed into the shower, letting the water flow down my back.

I wonder what it would be like to shower with Jack. No! Stop!

With my mind made up, I sat in the bottom of the shower and held the blade to my wet thigh and I dragged, adding yet another wound to my collection of four other five scars.

I didn't know what to do with myself, so as I sit in the shower, water running over my face and the front side of my body, I cried. I dropped the blade and watched as the red liquid flowed down my leg into the spray of the water.