37

"You sleepy, El?" FP asks, the toddler nods. "Can you get the door, Al?"

"Yeah of course." She takes the keys from him and unlocks the front door as FP unbuckles Ellie and carries her inside.

"Lets get you into your pj's so you can get some sleep." He presses a kiss to her head and walks into her bedroom, he sets her down and grabs a nightgown out of her drawer. He gets her changed into her pyjamas and tucks her into bed. "I'll go get you some milk, ok?"

"Can you stay with me until I go to sleep, daddy?"

He nods and kisses her forehead. "Of course, honey. I'll be right back."

He walks out into the kitchen and pours some milk into a sippy cup. "Ellie wants me to stay with her until she falls asleep." He tells Alice.

"Ok, I'll be in the bedroom if you want to come in afterwards." She smirks, running her hand across his back.

"Oh definitely." He presses a kiss to her lips and walks back to Ellie's room. She's waiting for him, clutching her blanky tight. "Here you go, baby."

"Thanks, daddy." She scoots over to make room for him beside her and snuggles up to him as soon as he lays down.

"Did you have fun at work with me today, kiddo?"

"Lots of fun!" She excitedly tells him. "I wanna come with you again!"

"I'm sure you can come again, you were a big help to me and Uncle Freddie."

She hands him the sippy cup once she's finished and snuggles up even closer, flinging her arms around him.

He draws circles on her back as she drifts off to sleep, her soft snores filling the room and indicating that she's fallen asleep. He waits a little longer to leave, just to make sure she's actually asleep and then slowly slips out of her grasp. He tucks her blankets up around her and presses a kiss to her head before walking out of her bedroom.

Alice sits up in bed as the bedroom opens and watches as FP walks in, closing the bedroom door behind him before turning to look at her.

"Did she go to sleep alright?" Alice asks.

"Yeah, out like a light." FP answers.

She nods and drops the sheet from around her chest, watching as even in the dark his eyes grow wide. She smirks and he crawls onto the bed towards her. "You're so beautiful."

She smiles and pulls the blankets back so he can join her underneath them. He runs his hand up her bare thigh, trailing up her body until he reaches her cheek, cupping it as he kisses her softly.

She pulls at his t-shirt and he gets the hint, pulling it over his head and throwing it to the ground. She wraps her legs around his waist and lets out a soft gasp when he trails his kisses down her body...

___

"I forgot how comfy my bed is." FP teases.

Alice laughs and swats at his shoulder. "Stop, I told you I would sleep on the couch."

"With your ex boyfriend still in this town? Yeah no."

"He's not going to be coming back, he doesn't give a shit about me. I think he's secretly happy I'm gone."

"You didn't deserve any of the shit you've dealt with Alice." He rolls onto his side so he can look her in the eyes. "You are so perfect, so smart, so funny, so kind... how anyone could ever hurt you is beyond me."

"He wasn't a good person." She sighs. "But you are. I'm really happy I met you, FP." She cups his cheek and strokes his beard with her thumb.

"I'm really happy I met you, Al. And I know Ellie's happy about it too, kid adores you."

"Ditto." He smiles at that. "You both didn't deserve all that you went through with Gladys, you're an amazing father, an amazing friend as I'm starting to learn, an amazing lover." He laughs and she draws him in for a kiss.

"I'm serious though," She insists, resting her forehead against his. "You deserve a hell of a lot better. Both of you."

"I think I've found better." He places his finger under her chin, tilting her face up so he can brush a kiss upon her lips. "I'm crazy about you, Alice. I hope you know."

She smiles, blinking away the tears threatening to fill her eyes. "And I hope you know that I'm crazy about you, FP."