"Suman, you are a businesswoman, right?" Ramnaath turned to her, shocking her with how easily he could wear the mask of politeness.

"Yes, uncle," she responded hurriedly before turning around to look at Shravan who was standing with his head bend, knowing he was about to be scolded.

"Then you must know the importance of these kinds of gatherings. Half of the people you meet can be your potential client, one day, while this boy continuously avoids social gatherings. I don't think you are a positive influence on him," Ramnaath said to her with a glare even though the tone of his voice was light, knowing she got what he meant, he turned to look at his son whom he found looking back at him with a frown.

Realizing he must have said something alarming, Ramnaath forced a smile on his lips and toned down his voice, pretending with ease, if only the girl with clenched fists could do the same. Her face said it all, she was offended, a reaction he wanted from her, but he didn't want her to react in front of his son as such.

Shaking his head, Ramnaath once again looked at the girl standing in front of him before smiling at her in a friendly manner, he forced some lightness in his voice.

"This one, Mr Shravan Malhotra, says that he gets bored there and that's why he won't go with me to any of these parties," he said with a forced laugh.

As Pushkar kept looking between the two best friends, an idea struck him and with a smirk, he jumped in the ongoing conversation once again.

"Sir, I am thinking, why not sent Sumo with him, he at least will have someone to give him company. Sumo, why don't you go with him next time around?" Pushkar suddenly asked her in between.

"Me? No, I can't... Magistrate Singh has invited you guys, how can I go?" She asked as she looked at Shravan with a question in her eyes.

"Of course, as Shravan's date," Pushkar answered with a beaming smile, shocking each of them.

"Pushkar!" Four shouts of his names rang out, each having a different tone. Surprise, warning, anger and an excited one too. Confused, he looked at them, asking himself if he had said it way too soon. With a sigh, he realized he has, no one could be as slow as the two of them, he thought as he looked at their flustered faces.

"Pushkar, what an idea. Wow. Problem fixed!" The very excited Lalaji said, ignoring the rest, he approved of the suggestion.

"Suman, Singh has invited Tiwari ji too, but as always, he won't show up, but I feel if you come Singh would be happy that someone came from Tiwari ji's side to wish him," Ramnaath said, taking the situation in his own hand, hoping that would be enough to end any joke of her being his son's date.

"Okay, uncle," she stuttered, before taking in a deep.

"We will be there," she said with a smile after she saw Shravan nodded in yes as the response of the question she had in her eyes.

"Wow! Now Sigh's party will be extra fun!" Lalaji said with a happy grin before running off to his room when he heard his wife calling him.

"Let's meet there at Singh's party, Suman!" He yelled before walking away.

While everything was happening around him, Ramnaath could only curse the bad timing, the situation was slipping out of his hand day by day and he could do nothing to separate Suman Tiwari from his son, as much as he tried, he couldn't find a loophole, a crack in their friendship without hurting his son and his mentor, Tiwari ji.

"Well then, I will let Pushkar tell you both the details. Goodnight," Ramnaath said with a nod before walking away.

After a few steps, when he turned around to look at his son and found him looking at her with a soft smile on his face and the sight made him frown. With worried lines appearing on his forehead, Ramnaath turned away just when Shravan had looked at his way.