Chapter 5

"...ichi"

"...ichi"

I slowly awoken from my sleep.

"Shuichi!"

My eyes shot open and I was met face to face with Kokichi.

"Kokichi? Wait! What time is it?!" I sat up.

He tilted his head.

"Of course you wouldn't know." I muttered before grabbing a clean outfit and rushing into the bathroom.

~•~

"You're late." Maki said from her seat next to Kaito.

"I know, sorry..." I apologized, taking my seat between Kaede and Kaito with Kokichi in my lap.

"Hey don't sweat it man, right Kirumi?" The Astronaut asked.

"Correct, you're only a few minutes late." She reassured, placing a plate of pancakes in front of me.

Kokichi on the other hand just proceeded to stare at the food with bright eyes.

"Oh-wait, where's Miu and Kiibo?" I asked, looking at the two empty seats.

"She made an announcement about needing to go to her lab for something before dragging Kiibo along." Kaede shrugged.

I nodded before striking up a conversation with the pianist.

"Any plans for today?" I asked, ignoring the toddler who kept tugging on my shirt.

"Well I'm hanging with Rantaro after breakfast, you?"

"Taking care of Kokichi." I answered.

Suddenly a loud voice boomed throughout the room.

"I'm back bitches, did ya' miss me!" Miu barged in with a bag in hand.

"Hey someone could've at least helped me carry this!" Kiibo complained, dragging in a tall high chair.

"Stop bitching and hurry up!"

"I--"

"Anyway, here's the high chair, and some other stuff that you wanted, Pooichi." Miu said, ignoring Kiibo.

"Ah that reminds me!" Tsumugi grabbed a medium sized box next to her chair and handed it to me.

"Thank you so much Miu and Tsumugi!" I replied, taking the items from the girls and placing them on the floor next to my chair.

"Yeah yeah, you're fucking welcome! Just don't forget to stop by the lab after dinner!"

"Mines too!" Tsumugi excitedly shouted.

"Sure" I smiled.

"Wait, speaking of food, what happened to the stuff that the  Monokubs brought?" Kaito chimed in.

"Oh no, I forgot about that!" I panicked.

"I'm sure that everyone did." Maki stated

"I mean, all of us just left the bag where they placed it and went on with our day..." Rantaro agreed causing everyone to try and figure out what happened to the bag.

"Excuse me" The maid once again got everyone's attention.

"last night after leaving Tsumugi's lab, I washed everything in the bag. As of right now they're in the cabinets with the others dishes."

I let out a sigh of relief and thanked Kirumi.

"Shuichi!" Kokichi whined, tugging on my shirt.

"Crap I forgot, you must be hungry, I'm sorry!" I apologized.

~•~

After breakfast majority left to continue what they've started. Miu and Kiibo to her lab, and Tsumugi and her group went to her's. This time Rantaro and Kaede tagged along to help. As for Ryoma and Kiyo, nobody knows...

"I guess you'll need a bath Kokichi." I mumbled more to myself as I wiped the toddlers mouth and hands.

"Hey Shuichi!" Turning around I saw Kaito with Maki by his side.

"Need help with anything?" He offered.

"Uh, not really, you don't have to help. I was just going to carry this stuff to my room and give Kokichi a bath, you know?"

"Don't hesitate to ask for help, man! Besides, me and Maki Roll want to help!"

"Hey don't include me without permission! Or did you forget that that brat almost bit your finger off." Maki hissed at the astronaut in training.

"Don't be like that Maki Roll, you know you want to help! Besides, me and the little guy put that behind us, right Kokichi?"

The toddler stuck his tongue out and buried his face in my shirt.

"Why you little-!" Kaito sighed. "Anyway we'll help, Right Maki?"

"Whatever I guess" She then grabbed the box, starting to walk away before stopping and turning around. I noticed a barley visible smile present on her face.

"Well are we going or not?" She asked.

"Right, C'mon Shuichi!" Kaito picked up the bag and ran off to catch up with the assassin.

"Coming!" I shouted back with Kokichi in my arms.