I had no idea where she was driving me, I just trusted her. She could plan on killing me, I wouldn't even suspect it. But as she parked the car in front of a store that wasn't there when I left I frowned.

“What's this?” I asked.

“You'll see. It's gonna be fun.” she declared and I followed her out of the car. As we entered the building I could hear noises I couldn't quite define but didn't question. It looked like a store or a game center area. I waited as she talked to the man for the reception and finally she gestured for me to follow her inside the other room. As soon as I set a foot in, I froze. Panic winning me over. The noises I had heard earlier were gun shots. I just had the time to see that it was some kind of indoors paintball before my vision got blurry and my mind filled with memories of my days on the field. I was shaking, jumping at each single sound. I was affected by catatonia, the whole real world seemed to have to disappeared as I was picturing myself back at war. I couldn't shake the images away and I couldn't hear anything around me except from the real gunshots of my memories. I started walking backwards until I finally reached the outside. Still the images hadn't left my mind, I was shaking my head as hard as I could as if to shake the thoughts away but nothing worked. I was panicked, unresponsive and scared as fuck. But it all stopped when I realized I couldn't breath anymore, not because of my memories, but because something had collided with my lips. And then I finally recognized that thing as being Lauren's lips. I came back to myself as she pressed her delicious lips against mine. I was taken aback at first but finally kissed her back, just answering but putting a soft amount of pressure in that kiss. It was nothing passionate, just a lingering kiss on the lips that made me come back to me but also made my heart explode. When she finally pulled away I stared at her confused but also pleased.

“What- What was that for?” I asked slowly after clearing my throat.

“You were having a panic attack and I read somewhere that the only way to get someone back to themselves was to stop their breathing, so I kissed you.” she explained trying to seem unfazed by the fact that this was the first time she kissed me after 6 years. I just nodded not knowing what else to do.

“Thanks.” I said and she just gave me an awkward smile.

“How about I just drive you home okay?” she asked and I nodded again.

We walked back to the car in silence and drove off.

–---------------------------------------

When we reached my house, I invited her in knowing that she deserved explanations about what had just happened. She accepted and we walked directly to my bedroom not caring to check if anyone was home yet. As I sat down on the bed, pressing my back against the headboard and she followed me awkwardly.

“Look about what happened earlier..” I started but she cut me off.

“You don't have to explain me. I understand why you reacted like this. It was silly of me to take you to a paintball, I just thought that it would be cool because you were going to love to kick my butt in there that's all. I just didn't realize that it could wake some dark memories up.” she explained and I just stared at her adoringly, a smile creeping on my lips.

“What?” she asked.

“Nothing. I'm just looking at you. Don't I have the right to?” I asked in a pretty flirty voice.

“You do.” she said a slight blush creeping on her lips. I finally looked away resting my head back on the headboard.

“You know it's true what people say when they say that War changes people. I am changed. I can't even sleep at night. Every time I close my eyes I just have nightmares, reliving every single thing i've been through there. And the rest of the time, I force myself not to close my eyes because I don't want to have these images in my head.” I explained before sighing.

“Maybe I could sleep with you?” she stated causing me to chuckle as I looked at her again.

“Sleep with me? Isn't that what they all want?” I said jokingly and earned a slap on the arm.

“Your modesty will kill you one day.” she said sarcastically. I could see she was starting to loosen up a bit and as she climbed up the bed to rest her back on the headboard next to me I knew she was finally at ease. “I meant that maybe I could share your bed. I remember you used to sleep peacefully with me in your arms.” she stated as she looked at me and as I looked into those emerald eyes I realized that even if I wanted to, I didn't have the strength to say no.

“Okay. We can try that.” she smile that appeared on her face made my heart skip a bit and I finally laid down on the bed with her by my side. I pulled on her arm, making her understand that I wanted her to rest her head on my chest and she complied.
We remained like that for a few minutes before I actually talked.
“Was kissing me the only way to get me to stop breathing?” I asked out of nowhere and she sighed.

“No. But it was definitely the most enjoyable...for the both of us.” she answered and the smile that got to my lips betrayed the fact that with every day I told her I was trying to get over her, I fell even more....

A/N: Guys, I am beggin you for some feedback! I have barely received any lately on any of my fics and it's killing me. So please, please, please, Just let me know what your thoughts on this chapter/story/anything are.

Love you guys.

Katy.