09 | the photograph

Start from the beginning

"Woah woah, wait! When did this happen? Abhimanyu is here? He was here the whole day yesterday, can't you both stay away from each other? Save some for the wedding!" He teased her.

"Shut up! There's a different kind of excitement in meeting each other secretly. It's romantic!"

"God, people in love are so annoying!"

"You're saying this now, but you'll experience all this yourself when you fall in love!" She smirked at him.

"Not gonna happen!" He rolled his eyes.

"Wish I had time to debate on this with you, but Abhi is waiting for me. Meanwhile, do me a favour and wake Amira up. We also need to do some things for the wedding!"

"But why me? Why can't your friends wake her up? And why doesn't she wake up on her own. Always the princess, thinks that everyone should work for her!" He said the last line bitterly.

"Woah, looks like you don't like her much!" She chuckled.

"My friends have gone to the beach and Amira was unwell last night. You know that! You yourself carried her to the room and cooked for her. Which reminds me, she wanted to eat your fingers, why don't you give her that for breakfast!" Aisha teased him this time. It was a revenge for embarrassing her in front of the elders.

Ahaan just gave her a death glare, when in reality he was trying hard not to not let the warmth spread to his cheeks at her comment.

"I am going to strangle you!" He gritted his teeth and moved towards her in attack, but she slipped away giggling.

"Later, alligator! Just wake her up and give her the medicine if she's unwell. Okay bye!" She said in a sing song voice and ran away.

"Use protection, you both!" He shouted after her and she turned around to flip him off.

Ahaan gingerly entered into Amira's bedroom and closed the door behind him.

His gaze swept around the entire room, taking in the surroundings.

Amira's laptop lay open on one side of the bed along with some notes and what appeared to be trousseau designs.

"This woman is working despite falling sick last night. When is she going to realize the importance of her health?" Ahaan thought to himself.

His gaze landed upon the huddled form of Amira, shivering under the blanket.

He realized that the AC was on at 16°c.

Who the hell uses AC in winter?

He walked up to her side and switched off the AC with the remote control.

He kneeled down in front of her, observing her features.

Even in sleep, she looked troubled. Her eye lids were twitching and there were dark circles underneath.

He wondered if it was work pressure that gave her sleepless nights or something else.

He pushed the hair strands blocking her face, behind her ears and gently stroked her cheeks. And as he did that, he saw her troubled features relaxing.

He had no idea what was happening to him at this moment, or why was he not in control of his movements but he just wanted to stare at her face, which had now turned pink because of the cold.

Her nose and ears had a slight tinge of red.

He used to love it when her face turned red, every time during winters. She always looked cute when she turned red, as kids.