Urushihara's POV 

I looked down at her. She had a sparkle in her eyes, and a slight smile on her face as we headed to Sentucky. I love how excited she gets over things like this. Every time it storms, she just sits there and watches. And at night, she'll sit near the big window in the living room and just watch the sky light up. She's different from other humans. I actually feel safe around her. 

Wow, imagine that. A demon feeling safe around humans. But, hey, love does do weird things, right? 

But I know she doesn't feel the same. I felt myself begin to frown. She's too good for someone who sits around on the computer all day. 

Normal POV 

I was speeding up my pace slightly, as I was beginning to shiver a bit. The wind started to pick up and the temperature was dropping. I looked around at the flowers beginning to bloom along the street, in people's gardens, and in the field in the far distance. 

Time skip 

When we walked underneath the awning above the door to Sentucky, I closed my umbrella and shook off some of the excess water. 

The doors opened and we walked in. It was very busy. I guess I'm not the only one who craves fried chicken on a rainy afternoon in spring. (a/n dude i'm so hungry while writing this) 

After standing in line for almost 10 minutes, we were ready to order. We both ordered popcorn chicken, and I got sweet corn with mine. As we got our food and drinks, we sat near a window. 

"Thank you for coming with me, Urushihara!" You beamed at him as you dug into your chicken. The male blinked a bit in surprise, then smiled. 

"No problem. Any excuse to get chicken." He chuckled slightly as he started to eat his. 

Urushihara's POV 

"Thank you for coming with me, Urushihara!" 

"No problem. Any excuse to get chicken." 

Or, any excuse to go anywhere with you... 

I'll tell you soon. 

Time skip to when you both get home 

As you unlocked the door, you felt fatigue start to creep up on you. You yawned, taking off your shoes and jacket, putting the umbrella in the closet. 

"Hey, I'm going to shower, do you wanna watch a movie after I'm done?" You asked Urushihara, who was already clicking aimlessly at his computer. 

"Oh, uh, sure. I'll pick one." He replied, not as enthusiastic as usual. Hm, weird. 

"Alright, see you in a bit!" You walked off to the bathroom, shutting the door and starting the water. 

As the hot water started to hit your skin, you became overwhelmed with emotion, and soon the liquids on your face were a mix of water and tears. Why were you crying? Simple. 

You loved him. You tried to believe he loved you, but he didn't seem like the type to be interested in that at all. You sobbed, immediately covering your mouth, hoping he didn't hear you. But he didn't have to. Demons feel the negative emotions from humans, remember? He already sensed your tears. 

You quickly cleaned up and got out, rinsing your face with cold water and putting on a white t shirt with (f/c) shorts. After your hair was mostly dry, you got out. 

Urushihara was right by the door, which startled you. 

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, did I take too long? You can go in if you wa-" 

"Why were you crying?" 

You were confused. Then you remembered that he felt the pain and sorrow of humans. 

You didn't know what to say. Instead, you cried. 

And cried. 

He didn't know what to do. After a minute or two of you crying there in front of him, he hesitantly lifted an arm up, and his fingers came in contact with your cheek. You looked up to him, blushing slightly, and surprised. 

"Please, Y/N, I want to help you somehow, why are you crying? This isn't like you." 

"I'm crying because I have feelings for someone who will never love me in return..." 

His heart dropped. He knew it wasn't him. 

"Oh... I-I see." His arm dropped, and he looked down to the side. 

"Urushihara..?" 

"Whoever he is, he's lucky to have your feelings." He muttered under his breath. 

"What do you mean by lucky?" 

"Because I wish those feelings were towards me. But hey, who'd love a NEET like me, anyway?" He chuckled to himself, slowly turning away to go back to his computer. 

Your eyes widened and you grabbed his arm, and he turned to look at you, slightly surprised. 

"They are towards you, Urushihara... You make me very happy. I'm happy to live with you..." You looked at him, wiping your tears with your free hand and smiling slightly at him. 

"You... Make me happy too, Y/N. No human has made me feel... I don't know, safe? Secure? Wanted?" He smiled in return. 

He turned fully to you, cupping your cheek and leaning in slightly. Your lips both made contact. Your eyes fluttered closed, and your heart was beating really fast. 

After a moment, you both pulled away. 

You were each others' lucky strikes. 

(a/n: okay i really just wanted something fluffy and i love this song so i wanted it to tie together sOMEHOW- also it's been raining nonstop since monday here and it's making me so tired all the time wtf)