7장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

With an annoyed sigh, Subin rode the elevator back to the lobby where she found Dahee struggling with—what seemed to be—Subin's next task. The reception desk was covered in black plastic bags and it smelled strongly like Chicken and Jjajangmyeon. "Subin-ah? Is that you?" Dahee asked and turned on her heel, facing the teenager. "Yep, it's me. It took a while because Park Jisung wasn't in the break room. I had to wait for him." The girl explained and Dahee nodded quickly. "It's okay. But since you're already back the guys from NCT 127 ordered food and I can't leave the desk right now, so would you mind delivering these bags as well?"

Now her internship really felt like a punishment. 

Her frown got even bigger while she loaded the plastic bags into her little cart and walked back to the elevator. "Subin, after you're done with this you can head home. I'm sorry I gave you these horrible tasks." Subin shook her head and watched Dahee walk behind her desk. The teenager turned around and climbed the elevator.

Once she was in the basement, she looked for 127's practice room and knocked on the door. "Come in!" A deep voice bellowed and Subin entered with a bow. "I come with the food!" The girl called and pushed her little cart into the practice room. "Oh my!" A voice said and Subin looked up.

Her heart jumped up when she locked her brown eyes with them of Jung Jaehyun. "Hi!" Subin greeted shyly and Jaehyun chuckled. "I didn't know you were helping Dahee-noona today!" The singer said and Subin turned pink. "Mr Yoo send me to help her. He didn't have any work for me." She grinned.

"Guys, this is Han Subin, the girl that helped produce Dreamies's 'Drippin'. Subin-ah, this is NCT 127!" Jaehyun proudly introduced the young girl and the girl waved. Haechan, who was sitting in a corner of the room waved, "Mark-hyung and I are already acquainted with her. We met her during our recordings for the Dream album." The singer explained but was ignored while all the Hyungs had rushed to Subin.

"How old are you?" Kim Jungwoo asked and Subin smiled. "I'm 16! I'm almost graduating from Middle School!" She made a peace sign next to her eyes, while Seo Johnny asked her what her internship was about. "Well..." Subin blushed. "It's a punishment actually..." She answered and the older men looked at her with big eyes.

"A punishment?" Taeil asked and looked at Subin. "You look like some two goody shoes!" - "I snuck out," Subin whispered and Mark chuckled. "Pardon?" Yuta asked and Subin coughed. "I snuck out." She repeated a little bit louder. "I snuck out to visit a Simon Dominic concert."

Taeil started laughing. "I never met someone like you. Our Jisung is in your age and never tried to sneak out or anything." Subin rolled her eyes by the mention of her same-aged friend. "He's a very weird boy. Earlier I brought him a package and he freaked out because it was Ahn Mari's First Recruitment or something." Subin explained and rolled her eyes.

"Fanboys are weird." - "Ya!" Haechan hissed and Subin looked over to the vocal who had blushed by his sudden outburst. "Do you have something to say, Hyuck?" Doyoung asked but the younger turned away. Subin shook her shoulders and pulled her cart closer. "Here's your food!" She grinned and handed the boys the bags.

When she handed Jaehyun a bag, he accidentally brushed his hand against hers and a warm shower went through her whole body. She pressed her lips together and shyly looked over to the older male. "Enjoy your meal!" She called and waved Jaehyun a quick goodbye before leaving the practice room.

She held tightly on to the handle of the cart and took a deep breath. "He's so cool..." She whispered while climbing into the elevator. She couldn't believe someone so handsome and nice would actually exist, but now that she encountered Jung Jaehyun three times already, she was sure he was an angel or something.

A sigh left her mouth when the elevator stopped and the door opened. 

Park Jisung climbed into the elevator, a bucket hat on his head and his backpack on his shoulders. He quickly turned around to Subin. "Were you delivering more packages?" He asked and then tilted his head. "Subin! Are you alright? Your face is so red!"

With two quick steps, Jisung had walked over to Subin and had her face in his hands. "Ya! Let go of me!" She hissed and Jisung quickly let go of her face. "I thought you had a fever... Your cheeks are so red." He quickly answered and Subin rolled her eyes.

"I'm okay. It's just a bit tough walking around with this cart all day. And your company building is very hot." She quickly lied. Jisung furrowed his eyebrows. "We have excellent air conditioner though?" He asked and turned around once more.

He opened his mouth to say something when the elevator suddenly stopped. 

"Huh? What happened?" Subin asked and turned to watch the display of the elevator blinking twice before turning off. "I think it stopped..." Jisung added and the two sixteen-year-olds looked at each other. "It stopped like somewhere in the middle of nowhere?" The girl asked and Jisung nodded.

He quickly pressed some buttons on the elevator, which only resorted in the light turning off. The teenagers were sitting in the pitch black. "Jisung, can you get us out of here?" Subin asked, her voice shaking. Jisung looked into the direction in which he thought Subin was standing.

"I'm trying to ring the bell," Jisung explained and pressed the button. They heard a sound, and Jisung tried it again. But by the second time, the sound suddenly stopped and nothing happened. "Subin, I think we have a blackout." Jisung calmly said and tried to sit down.

He could hear Subin's breath hitch. "Subin, don't panic. We're going to come out of here." Jisung robbed to the place Subin was sitting and held her hand. "I promise."