C H A P T E R 6

[I'd Never Hurt You]

Jane's POV

        "Eric." He smirked at the sound of his name and began leaving a trail of small bite marks up my stomach, using his nose to push my shirt up. I tried fighting him off again but this only seemed to make him angry. Eric stopped and stood up, still holding my wrists. He moved my wrists into his one left hand and raised his right arm up. I stopped fighting him and just watched him, What was he doing now? Before I could do anything, Eric punched me in my face and I instantly saw nothing but a deep dark blackness.

        "Jane! Jane! Damn it Jane wake up!" My body felt heavy and limp, I could barely feel whoever it was shaking me. My eyes shot open and began to flail my arms when I realized it was Eric shaking me. Eric fought back, trying to pin me down and yelling for me to stop. Eric eventually pinned me down, he used his arms to hold mine, his knees pressed into my thighs and his forehead pressed against mine to prevent me from head-butting him. We sat there in silence, our quick and labored breaths mixing in the small space between our faces. Eric's voice was barely above a whisper when he spoke, "Jane...You know I would never do that to you. I know I've done some pretty terrible things but never that." Eric was a cold-hearted sadistic monster...But for some reason, I trusted him. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt, "I know, I know Eric. It just kinda shook me up." Eric let me go and stood beside me while I sat up in the reclining chair. I rubbed my temples as Eric spoke again, "But why me? Why did you picture me doing...that?" I sighed, frustrated and exhausted, "I-I don't know Eric. I just did." Eric walked over to me and pressed his hand onto my forehead, pushing my head back so I would look at him, "Jane, I would never do that to any woman, let alone you. I don't want you to be scared of me and I know I make that hard sometimes. Sometimes I just don't care about other people's feelings and sometimes I don't care if they die. I hear all the talk and yes I'm cold, I'm mean but I can't possibly be heartless because how else would I explain the way my heart beats when you're around." I used my forearm to quickly smack Eric's arm off of my head and began to walk to the wall behind him. I lent my back against the wall and held my head in my hands, "I'm not afraid of you Eric. Never was, never will." Eric walked towards me then grabbed my wrists in one hand, pinned them above the wall and pressed our bodies flush against the wall. With his free hand, he grabbed my chin and made me look at him. If I didn't have an attraction to him I would be scared out of my mind right now. Without a word, Eric pressed his lips to mine in a passionate kiss. I still felt dirty and disgusting from what I just went through in the fear landscape but I didn't want to stop kissing him: Not like I had much of a choice though. 

        When neither of us could breathe, Eric pulled away and moved his hands to rest on the wall beside either side of my head. I wrapped my arms around his neck and into his hair. Eric kissed my lips softly, then cheek, my jaw, my ear and finally my neck. He placed soft kisses along the curve of my neck. The kisses began to turn into small bites. Eric then bit down on the sensitive part of my neck, causing me to pull his hair. Eric licked the bite after groaning deeply in my ear, his hands slid my shirt up higher and higher and once it was up to my upper ribs I stopped him. "Eric," I breathed, "Not here." Eric sighed, the warm air hitting the freshly bit skin. He then silently left to the computer and began putting the wires away. I walked over to the door and fixed my shirt. Once Eric finished putting everything away, we walked back to his apartment.

        We spent the day in his room silent. We kissed and just cuddled together. 

        I was straddling Eric and laying on his chest while he rubbed my back softly. "Who was the guy in your fear landscape? And the girl?" Eric's voice was soft and deep, breaking the hours of silence we had just spent together. "The girl was me." Eric nodded, "I figured as much." I closed my eyes as I said the next part, "The guy was my neighbor." Eric's hand suddenly stopped and he tensed, "what?" I sighed and sat up, still straddling Eric. "He was my neighbor in the abnegation compound. He was a transfer and a friend of my parents. My dad got really sick and died. My mom had to work after and needed someone to watch me while she was gone. I was twelve when my dad died, I was 15 when he had to stop." A tear trailed down my cheek and Eric shot up, "That monster raped you for three years!" I couldn't speak so I simply nodded. "Did you tell anyone?" I looked down at my hands in my lap, "No." Eric was silent, too silent. Before I could look up to see his face, Eric held my hands in his, "I can't undo what he did and no matter how bad I want to just leave and go kick his ass, you wouldn't let me." I laughed a bit at the last part and he smiled. Eric pulled me into his arms and stroked my hair. I held him and buried my face in his neck. Maybe I can't forget what happened but I sure can try, for Eric at least.

~~~