Looking Into the Future

As Legolas and I stepped into the front gates of Lothlorien we were greeted by an Elven guard. "Prince Legolas and Lady Elemmire, wonderful to have you back." He bowed his head in respect, "Lady Elemmire, your mother is waiting for you."

"Of course she is," I remarked, "My mother always seems to know where I am."

"Then I wouldn't keep her waiting," The guard replied, before I smiled once more and walked off toward's where I thought my mother might be.

"Good luck," Legolas wished me before walking off towards the bathing waters to freshen up.

"Thanks," I chuckled.

When Legolas was out of view, I descended down the steps into a glade. And in the middle of the glade a single large silver basin of water sat unattended. I looked around to see if my mother was nearby, but she must of walked off somewhere for a second. Though I did seem to have extra curiosity in this basin of water. Almost as though I was drawn to it.

I took a couple steps forward to look deeper into the water inside the basin. It seemed to have these magical qualities, but all I could see was my reflection. But as I continued to look deeper until the water clouded for a second before it showed a vision.

(Elemmire's future POV during the vision.)

I laid in a bed on my back as I felt the room rock back and forth, from the waves as they crashed against the ship. The movement of the ship made me sick. I was not use to traveling by water.

Then I noticed Legolas as he came striding into the room. "Good morning my two beautifuls," he said as cheery as ever. "The captain said we should arrive onshore anytime now."

"I'm glad, I don't think me or the baby can take anymore of traveling by ship." I said as I smoothed my hand over my large stomach.

"Still not feeling great?" Legolas asked which seemed to tone down his cheeriness.

We had been at sea for quite sometime, and I was ready to hit land.

"Anything I can do for you?" He asked intertwining his fingers with mine.

"I am fine thanks," I smiled, sitting up a little.

~~~

About an hour or so later the ship arrived on shore, I was so excited to be back on land. Legolas walked behind me down the dock, and when I looked up to see who would greet us... Well let's just say I was not surprised.

"Elemmire!" Reinya's voice rang as clear as day. "And a child on the way?!?" She noticed right away. I could see her face was gleaming until she looked behind me, "Oh hello Legolas." She took less of an interest in my husband. And then... She noticed our friend. "A dwarf," Her voice was not amused and her eyes narrowed.

"Reinya this is Gimli, he was a member of the fellowship." I spoke slowly to make sure she retained every word.

"Nice to meet you my lady," Gimli bowed greeting Reinya kindly.

She seemed to grumble something under her breath before speaking again. "Well it's great to see you, Elemmire." Reinya then wrapped her arms around my neck in a big hug.

I let out a small chuckle, same old Reinya, she has not changed. "Where is my brother?" Legolas asked.

"With the children," she answered.

"So you have more than one now?" I asked, it had been many, many years since I had seen Reinya, but when she left for Valinor, her only child was Elinya.

"Yup!" She smiled, "15... Oh wait... Or is it 16 now? Wait but then we had Ganlor... Maybe it's 17 now?"

"Sounds like you have been very busy," I joked. "Now I would love to go find a place to rest, I did not enjoy the boat trip at all."