In love

It was 2am. Because who decided she'd book a 5am flight because it was cheaper? Me. And I really fucking regretted it. I'd had two hours of sleep, because the 'gang' was all hanging out for one last time until midnight, and I was even more emotional than I would've been because I was so exhausted. Colson has brought me a cup of coffee and I had started crying over it.
"Hey don't be stupid, it's just a cup of coffee," He said
"Yeah but, you made it and you're taking me to the airport and I'm going to miss you so much," I said in between sniffing.
Colson hugged me from behind "I'm going to miss you so fucking much and you know that. At least you've got your shit together, I'm fucked! I'll be drunk and high off my ass every night and I won't get up until the afternoon because I won't have you!" I laughed at what he was saying as I wiped away the tears rolling down my cheeks "So don't cry, okay? Besides you still have the whole car ride with me; you can't get rid of me that easily,"
"I love you so much," I said softly
"I love you too," He said before giving me a kiss

We were one of 5 cars we saw on the highway, and we were definitely the only ones blasting MGK and screaming the words at the top of our lungs
"What's your favourite song you've ever recorded?" I asked him
"Promises, without a doubt,"
"Okay but really what is it?"
"Promises! I'm serious Dev." Colson insisted, I had to admit hearing him say that did make me feel special "But my second favourite is 'All night long' because the energy and mood when we were recording that one was on a new fucking level,"
"Okay, then what's your least favourite?"
He thought about it for a minute "I don't know, probably one of the ones from Lace up; because I just had such a negative energy and shit,"
"That's deep," I said "That's really deep,"
"I'm a deep guy,"

We sat in not talking for a few minutes, with Colson's songs playing quietly in the background.
"I love you." Colson blurted out "And you know that but don't think you get what I mean by it. I mean out of all the girls I've met through work, and ex girlfriends and that, I've never loved any of them like I love you. What's more powerful than loving someone?"
"Being in love with someone," I suggested
"Yeah. I'm in love with you,"
As soon as he said that I got a new kind of butterflies. "You're in love with me?" I asked with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes
"Well, yeah... if that's cool with you, you know? Because if it's not I can always... I don't know; try and stop, or something,"
I laughed as one of the tears that filled my eyes rolled down my cheek "Of course it's okay. And I'm in love with you too," I sighed and sat back in the seat "Colson I don't want to go. I can't go back and just live my normal life again. You're my new normal,"
"I know. You think I can go from being with you 24/7 to not seeing you for months? Hell no I can't; but we've gotta try. If we can't do it then it just shows this isn't working out, you know? So just try, for me. I'll call you all the time; and text you. We'll be fine, okay? You just focus on that college degree, because that's the most important thing for you at the minute, yeah?"
"You're the most important thing to me," I mumbled "I could just drop out for a bit,"
"Hell no you're not dropping out. We'll be fine, I promise,"