Makeup

In my boredom, I decided to go get my nails done. I'd only ever done this once before, for my high school prom, and that was it. I wouldn't normally spend money on things like that because I could just do it myself; the only exception was Starbucks because I hated making my own coffee. Of course I'd go out for meals occasionally but I wasn't a takeaway once a week kind of person, so getting my nails done was very out of the ordinary for me. I just got nude, short acrylics, nothing too fancy or daring and then got an Uber back to Colson's place.

He was there when I returned.
"Hey," I said, putting my phone in my back pocket and sitting on one of the sofas. Colson was sitting on the other one
"Hey," he said, in between an inhale of whatever it was he was smoking "You get your nails done?" He asked, gesturing towards my hands
"Yeah," This was the most awkward conversation I'd endured since being asked to the middle school dance "Look I'm sorry about what I said earlier about you and other girls. You were right, we weren't dating and I know you would be a good boyfriend. Oh and also sorry for calling you a hypocrite," I gushed out of nowhere
"No it's fine. I was kind of a dick to you last night with that other girl. And I was a hypocrite but like it was just weird seeing you with Pete because he's my boy and I just kind of forgot he didn't know we were in this situation so I was like what the fuck man," Colson said. That made me smile.
I got up and walked over to where he was sitting and sat on his knees "So we're cool?"
"Of course," He said, taking what I assumed was a joint out of his mouth to kiss me. I briefly broke the kiss so I could take a quick breath of the blunt in his hand "Nothing sexier than that," He said. I raised one eyebrow "You know I'd fuck you right now if I could,"
"What's stopping you?"
"I gotta finish this joint. Then I will,"

We were going out that night. Sure it was a Thursday but it wasn't like we had anything planned for the Friday except for maybe going to the studio, which Colson could do hungover. I would struggle but I needed to see Conor before he went back to L.A because first of all he would kill me and second of all I needed to tell him everything. Sure this whole friends with benefits thing was a secret but I had to tell Conor because he was my best friend and I couldn't not keep it a secret. Besides it was only going to last for the summer as well because I had to go back to California and it was obviously going to stop then.
"So where are we going?" I asked Colson when he walked into the room where I was doing my makeup
"It's this sick club downtown called Anatomy, it's so dope; you're going to love it,"
"Are the boys coming?" By the boys I meant Rook and Slim
"Of course. It's not a night out if the gang isn't complete," He said
"The gang? Is that what we're called now?" I asked with a smile
"Yep. Like the Scooby gang but better; the Kells gang,"
"I actually think it's the Devon gang because we all know who runs the show here," I replied before asking "Can I do your makeup?"
"What? No!"
"Why not? I'll make you look gorgeous,"
"Because I wear makeup for music videos and movies only. Period." Colson answered
"Can I at least spray your face with this?" I asked, holding up purple mario badescu facial spray
"Does it have glitter n shit?" I shook my head "Then go on," I sprayed his face, making him shut his eyes right when it hit the middle of his face. He looked so cute with it all scrunched up, kind of like when a toddler makes a funny face at you and the only thing you can do is smile and laugh because the kid looks so sweet; that was the kind of effect the face he was pulling made. "Yo that actually feels kind of nice. I feel refreshed and awakened so thanks Dev,"
"I got you,"
"So can I do your makeup?" Colson asked. I'm pretty sure all the colour drained from my face "Come on! I watch people get their makeup done all the time, like when I'm on set and stuff,"
I sighed "Yeah, okay then,"
"Alright," he said, picking up my makeup bag "Welcome to Colson's makeup placd, what kind of makeup look will you be requiring tonight?"
I giggled, before playing along to his little act "Well I would like a bronzed look with winged liner and a glossy lip please. Or just whatever you can do that will look good,"
"Coming right up,"

To be fair, it actually didn't look that bad. I had to clean up the eyeliner a bit and blend out the contour more but all in all he did a good job.
"See? Told you I'd do good. Now you have to pay me,"
"Pay you? I'll buy you a drink when we get there if you want," I offered
"No that's okay. I take payments via kiss,"
"And will you expertly apply my lipgloss again afterwards?" I asked with a smile. He was adorable, it made me realise how much I was going to miss him when I eventually had to leave
"Of course! I have a reputation to uphold at my makeup doing place," He said. I gave him a kiss and he put more lipgloss on for me, just like he said
"So you think when Casie goes to her first school dance you're doing her makeup?"
"No because first of all, she won't let me and second of all I don't want her to have a boyfriend," Colson said
"Why?"
"Because I only want the best for my angel and I don't think there's anyone out there that's good enough for her," And that was the most adorable thing I'd ever heard.