Starstruck Chapter 17. Almost

Start from the beginning

“What are we going to do now Dulce?”

I lowered both our hands and in turn, reached out for her chin to tilt her face in my direction. “Glace. . . I love you. But we have to take it slow. There are a lot of things that we don’t know about each other and I want to enjoy every moment getting to know you.”

She met my eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. “We have our whole lives to get to know each other Dulce.” I brought my hands down and touched her left leg. “I know baby but what’s the rush? I’m not going anywhere. You’re not going to leave are you?”

“No,” she said with a small shake of her head. “But other people may take you away from me.” I caught the sadness in her voice, mirroring the expression on her face. “I don’t want to lose you again Dulce.”

“You won’t,” I promised. “You’re the only one who made me feel this way and that won’t ever change. My heart will always be yours. But for now, let’s take it slow.”

“But what if I want to kiss you?” she said in a whisper while looking at me seriously. My eyes lowered at the bed and like always, my tummy did this rollercoaster thing. “I think I’ll allow that,” I said with a blush. “But not while my mom is around,” I added hurriedly in case she had any wacky ideas.

Glace moved nearer on my left. “Well congratulations because Andrea just left a while ago. That means she’s not around. Does that qualify?”

“I guess so.” My voice trembled slightly. She leaned near me and quickly kissed my nose. “Don’t worry baby, I won’t take advantage of you,” she said with a smile. “But for me, I’m already taken. In my mind, I’ll always be your girlfriend. I just hope that you stay true to me too Dulce.”

I poked her side. “Hey! I may be a lot of things, but I’m not a cheater.” She poked back. “Then what are you?”

“I’m not miss perfect like your childhood sweetheart. That’s for sure.” I didn’t mean to, but my voice still sounded bitter. “About that Dulce. I don’t really know how to explain things to you,” she said. “But I think things will work out.”

I surprised her by tackling her on the bed and pinning her down. She laughed hard when I tickled her on the side. “Things will work out how? If you two-time me for anyone, even that sweetheart of yours, you’ll regret it Glace.” She tried to remove my hands, but I tickled her more. “I won’t!” she said in between laughs.

“Good,” I said with a tone of satisfaction and stopped torturing her. “And if you ever kiss, touch, or even think about anyone else while we’re taking it slow, I swear to God I’ll… I’ll…” I was at loss for words and didn’t know how to continue.

“You’ll what?” she smirked.

“I don’t know. But that will really hurt me.”

She wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me on top of her. I took the opportunity to rest my head on her soft chest. “I won’t hurt you. Maybe other people. But not you,” she said gently and began stroking my hair.

“This is nice,” I murmured. “I can hear you heartbeat.”

“This is more than nice. This is perfect,” she replied. “You’re so warm Dulce. You always were.”

“You too,” I said and moved my head to her neck. She smelled so good that I couldn’t help but kiss her there. She moaned low before rolling on top of me and standing up from the bed quickly. I blinked it surprise. “What just happened?”

“I don’t think you should do that again. Promise me you won’t. At least not for now.” She raised her hands as if calming me.

I blinked again and watched her sit on the far corner of the bed. “Okay I promise. But what’s the deal? I didn’t hurt you or anything Glace.” Her ears turned pink. “I got turned on. Sorry,” she mumbled in embarrassment.