4. The Ball and Heading Back To Vaseria

It's now the next night and the group is on the balcony at the ball looking for Annabelle and Dracula. (AN: Anna is in a red dress similar to the one in the movie minus the tiara. Gabriel is in the outfit from the movie. And Carl is in a black jester costume.) "There!" Carl pointed.

"He's dancing with her. She looks like she's in a trance." Anna said.

Gabriel looked around. "Carl, I need you to do something for me."

"I'm not gonna like this. Am I?" He said and asked.

Gabriel told him the plan. "Now go!" He said and they went for their rescue.

Anna watched. "I hope this works." She whispered to herself.

A minute later, she saw as Carl made the fire breather light Dracula's cape on fire distracting him. Then she watched as Gabriel used the trapeze and swung down grabbing Annabelle. They landed next to her. "Annabelle!" Gabriel whisper yelled. "Wake up!" He said lightly shaking her shoulder.

Annabelle did and noticed who held her. "Gabriel?"

"Yes. It's me, Little Angel."

"Annabelle, I'm so glad you're alright." Anna said.

Annabelle looked at her for the first time and reached for her. "Mama!"

Anna took her from Gabriel's arms and cuddled her closely kissing every inch of her head. "Gabriel... Gabriel... Oh, Gabriel..." Came from down below as the music had stopped and everyone on the dance floor looked up at the balcony. Anna and Gabriel looked over the railing. "Welcome to my summer palace."

Then suddenly the doors opened and people walked in with Frankenstein strapped to a board. "Master, Master! Look, Master, LOOK!" A vampire child said and pointed.

"We have him! We have the monster!" Igor yelled in victory.

"No." Gabriel said as he watched.

Frankenstein yelled some stuff and then disappeared behind another set of double doors. Dracula raised his eyebrows and looked back up at the group. "Well, now that everything is as it should be... Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you... VAN HELSING!"

Everyone turned into vampires and Gabriel quickly grabbed Anna. "Run."

And she did, following him. Carl suddenly appeared as they came through a door. "Now I know what it's for! Now I know what it's for!" He yelled triumphantly. Then he realized the two running. "Where are we going?"

"Through that window!" They said in unison grabbing him after Anna threw Annabelle out and jumped.

Annabelle came up to the surface and swam over to Anna. "Mama! It's COLD!"

Anna grabbed her with one arm and treaded as best she could with her other. "CARL! You're a GENIUS!"

"A genius with access to unstable chemicals." He stuttered.

The four watched as Frankenstein was carried off into a boat and a gate came down. Gabriel growled. "NO! I'll find you and set you free! I swear to GOD!" And he banged his fist onto the gate.

(AN: You know what happens next in the scene.)

Ten minutes later, they were in dry regular clothes and on horses headed back to Vaseria. Anna was on behind Gabriel holding Annabelle and Carl was on another. Annabelle wrapped her arms around Gabriel's waist as best she could from behind and layed her head on his back yawning. Anna wrapped hers around him too, to keep from falling off. Gabriel glanced back and smiled. "You two get some rest. It'll be a few hours until we reach Castle Frankenstein."

"Aren't you tired too though?"

"I'm used to it. I'll sleep later. You and Annabelle rest for now. You'll need your strength for our final battle."

"Ok. Thank you for saving her, Gabriel. And for saving me as well. You didn't have to."

"To do my job right I did. But I mostly did it because I wanted to. I care for you two. More than you know. More than I should."

Anna smiled and kissed his shoulder blade. Then she layed her head down and fell asleep.