49. She Used To Be Mine

Start from the beginning

"What do you think, Ossie? Should momma go to work or stay home with us?" Taylor coos as she reaches into the stroller, putting the pacifier back in the newborn's mouth before he starts screaming. "I think he wants momma to stay home." I laugh and Taylor raises an eyebrow, sarcastically questioning me. "He's just so small, I don't wanna be away from his squishy little face." I pout, again admiring our son and adoring him him for his every perfection. But its no surprise he's perfect when you look at his mommy.

"How are you feeling?" I frown as I look up to Taylor and the blonde smiles, "I'm good, not in pain or anything, don't worry." I nod, kissing the woman on the cheek as she walks beside me.

We get to the school and Taylor holds on to my arm a little tighter. She hates the looks we get from the other moms, it makes her so uncomfortable and I hate her feeling like that. "Hey love." The blonde smiles as she spots Cara and Kendall, the couple already waiting for the end of the school day. "I can't believe how cute he is." Kendall coos as she peers into the stroller and Taylor grins, so proud of our baby boy.

"He's a little angel, aren't you, my love?" I smile as Tay picks up the newborn, settling him in her arms. Taylor is absolutely obsessed with him and it would be so hard not to be. "How are the cats doing with him?" Cara crosses her arms as she looks between us, "Mere and Dibbles didn't take long to get used to having a baby around again, Mere sleeps under his bassinet and she's always right by him, it's really sweet. Benjamin on the other hand is a little jealous, but he still loves him, it just means cuddling them both at the same time."

Taylor has been so in love with Benji since the day we got him and she literally walks around with Oscar in one arm and the cat in the other.

"Is that my nephew?" I turn to see Kristine coming through the gates, she hasn't met Oscar yet. "All soft and snuggly." Taylor laughs, the woman standing by her side as she sways, trying to keep him asleep. "He's so little, oh my god."

The two of them start talking about baby stuff and I zone out a little, occasionally chiming in when someone asks my opinion in either conversation. Taylor passes over the baby and I kiss his little cheeks, scrolling through my phone as I hold him close to me. We were a good ten minutes early, so eventually the school bell rings and Emilie comes running out with Willow, Grace and Daisy.

I put Oscar back down before the kids stampede out of the school, and Emilie runs straight into my arms. I lift her up onto my hip and give her a hug, the little blonde getting a kiss from her mommy too. "How was your day, sweetheart?" I hold her on my hip as we ask her about her day. "It was good, all of my friends want to meet Oscar." Taylor laughs as I put the six year old back on her feet, "maybe when he's a little older, bug."

- Taylor -

"Momma, can you go over my dance with me tonight?" Emilie peers at Karlie and she nods, "of course we can, baby."

The taller woman is carrying Em on her back as we walk back home and I'm pushing the sleeping baby in his stroller, and I can't help feeling content. Everyone in our family is happy and healthy and it couldn't be more perfect.

"What're they doing back so soon?" Karlie frowns as we walk into the driveway, spotting the other car in front of the house. "I don't know." I sigh, getting a bad feeling as Kar puts Emilie down on her feet.

"Siobhan?" I call out the second we walk into the house, letting Kar take the baby out of his stroller. "Mommy." I frown as Lilia rushes towards me, streams of tears flooding her cheeks as she wraps her arms around me, sobbing into my shirt. "Baby, what's wrong?" I try and soothe our crying daughter, but she just holds onto me, so I gently lift the little girl up and into my arms.