Chapter 9

~Kleio~
Sailing to the city of Persia

The magnificent boat lurched violently side so side and I tried to keep my footing, but failed terribly, and stay out of the mens way at the same time. To say they didn't want me on board was an understatement. Most of them sent me dark looks and the other's just ignored me.

The boat swayed again and I felt myself go with it and the deck turned on its side, my fall was stopped by a rough hand gripping arm stopping me from crashing onto the wooden floor.

"I take it that you have never sailed before" Zak smirked at me. He yanked me upright and I bounced of his chest and his large hands gripped my waist to steady me.

"No" I growled shoving him back. "in fact I haven't"

He gave me a cunning grin "Well there are rules, and one of them is, everybody pulls their own weight" he trew something at me and I caught it.

I grimaced and held the moldy rag between my fingertips. "And what am I supposed to do with this?"

"A bucket is over there, start pulling your own weight" he lent in close and his breath tickled my ear. "or is that to difficult for you... Spartan?" his voice was low and gruff.

I gave him the cruelest look I could muster and he just laughed. "I want this deck to be shining so much that I can see my handsome face in it" he grinned rubbing his chin before walking away.

It had been an eventful day and all I really wanted was to have a long sleep. My fingernails had dirt underneath them and I felt mentally and physically exhausted. I dipped the rag in the bucket and began scrubbing the marked wooden floorboards , I caught sight of Zak standing at the helm next to an older man who was steering the wheel and watched them frantically whisper to each other. Whatever it was they were conspiring about looked awfully serious. I wondered what it was and tried to make out words, all I got was easy and rich. I had a feeling that these two things weren't good when it came to these types of people, suddenly both of their eyes simultaneously flickered to mine. I quickly looked down at the chore I was supposed to be doing and frantically scrubbed.
That's defiantly not good.

~Cirus~
Persepolis

The seductive eyes of the woman, whose name had escaped him, had Cirus trapped. He had always been a sucker for pretty eyes. But he had to admit that they weren't as pretty as the goddess next to him...
Or she was next to him. Gods damn him. How could he have lost her so quickly, how long has the tempest in front of him been talking. Cirus was dim witted by a woman pushing her chest at him, and he wasn't even that ashamed.

"You gemstone of a woman" Cirus whispered quickly taking her hands in his and looking over her shoulder to see if he could spot a golden head. "I have to go and do some... Important business. You know, being a solider and all"

She let out a stiff giggle that had been used so much it was false "How exciting, are-"
He cut her off while swinging her round so he could look down the other street. "-yes that's me saving lives and fighting Titans" he spotted a blond head by the dock.
"Well it was nice knowing you but I better be off, fighting lions and all" he pressed a kiss to her mouth before she could speak and patted her head before taking off in the direction of the docks.
He'd be damed if he let this captivating woman escape that easily, Cirus made it his goal to be associated with this sun kissed little vixen, he swore on Zeus that it would happen.

Cirus had his eyes locked on her but his arm was grabbed and he was swung into a hard wall before being dragged off in a daze. His back hit the door and he gazed at a familiar face.
"Ceberous" Cirus blinked up at him and let out a short laugh. "If your here cousin it's never good news"

"No, your always the reason behind it" Ceberous' brooding face watched his cousin like a hawk as he picked himself off the floor.

"Let me tell you, I have been behind many things genius plans, winnings of bets... Women" he said with a mischievous grin.

"I don't have time for your games Cirus" he spat. "Your coming home right now"

Cirus opened his mouth to challenge him but what his cousin said next made him snap it shut.

"It's your mother"