Midnight (Katsuki Bakugou X Reader)

You're thrown back, flicking your fingers out trying to get your quirk to establish, but it wouldn't come. You were at full capacity and Katsuki was coming closer, his quirk revving up for another onslaught.

You stood, raising your voice to be heard over the audience, "Why don't we stop dancing around Katsuki-Kun? Face me, hand against hand."

His eyebrow raised, a sadistic smile forming across his lips, "Even better!"

He ran toward you and went to land a blow on you, but you were faster. You raised up your arm then using the other grabbed under his armpit and threw him over you. He stood back up, panting slightly and went for a roundhouse kick, but you dunked just in time and instilled a rather strong punch to his abdomen.

He stumbled back, clutching where your foot had connected. His eyes burned with determination, but you remembered what he said after you and him had trained up until the day of the Sports Festival.

"I know, you know, you're not gonna win against me... But you better fucking put your best god damn effort into it you dumbass or we'll be having a major problem. Got me?"

From the look on his face right now, you were guessing he was regretting those words now. He went for swing after swing, but you kept dodging, keeping the crowd at the edge of their seats, but little did they know that the reason you weren't down was that Katsuki was a creature of habit. You knew from sparring during training what he was going to do before he did it.

He looked beyond pissed at you now. His crimson orbs were glaring daggers at your (e/c) ones. He raised his arms, but you soon realized it wasn't for another punch. He came at you, sweat pouring off his frame, his palms white hot. He soon got in front of you, but before you could make a move, he hand sent to palmfuls of explosions your way.

You were thrown farther back than last time. Your (h/c) locks flying in front of your face as your back crashed against the edge of the stadium. You felt the pain immediately and heard Midnight announce the winner before everything went from the sunniest of days to the darkest of nights.

~~~

You woke, not in the makeshift nurse office in the stadium, but at home. You reached a tentative finger up to your head. You felt a gauze wrapping from the base of your skull to your hairline. It felt like some sick headband. You sat up, groaning as you did, it felt as if someone had run over your back with a truck multiple times.

You stood up and the room tilted. Grabbing on to your bed frame and other various items, you made your way to your door. You pulled open and held onto the wall, making your way to the kitchen.

Your mother immediately stood up, "(Name) What are you doing!? You are supposed to be in bed asleep!!!"

She rushed you over to the couch and you sat down, grateful to not be standing anymore, "Why do I need to be asleep?"

Your mother put a blanket around your shoulders, "Do you know how many bones you broke? Or just how long it's been since we last saw your eyes open?"

You winced at her slight rise of voice, "No?"

Your mother sighed from the kitchen, "You've been out for the past two days, school starts tomorrow and," She handed you a warm cup of drink, "You broke about half of the bones in your body, but since you've been asleep, most have healed."

You gingerly drunk from the cup, "Is that why it's hard to walk?"

She sighed and nodded, dropping into the recliner beside the couch, "Yes and it certainly doesn't help that you have a concussion, but Recovery Girl will be dropping by to give you another dose of healing and you should be good to go."