Chapter 3: Revealing April Fool's

Breathe. Breathe.

The drive home was super short. Mike's truck is home which means he came home for lunch. I take out the paper and fold it in thirds. We can do this. Mike is different from the others. Yep I'm talking to myself.

Breathe. Breathe.

  Walking into the house I couldn't help but smile like a crazy woman with a secret. I hand Mike the paper then greet him with a kiss on the cheek. "Do I need to make you a quick lunch Mike?" As he's unfolding the paper, he says, "yes please just a sandwich will do."

I start my prep and still grinning. Patiently waiting for his reaction. What is taking so long? Now I'm starting to panic. Stop over thinking it and make the man a sandwich!

   Mike hugs me from behind as I'm finishing up. Why isn't he saying anything? "Here you go. You don't want to be late getting back to work," I say as I hand him the plate then clean up. "I don't even know how to express how happy I am Renae," Mike finally says. Mike starts to tear up. He's a manly man who usually doesn't cry over anything. The only time I've seen him cry was when we were fighting.

        "I'm uber excited too. My due date is Dec 8th. Haha my 28th birthday. I plan on telling my parents after work and we can have a special dinner with the kids." I just kept smiling and glowing.

     Mike went off to work with pride. Oh my gosh how am I going to tell my parents. They need to be next to tell since they have been my support system. Are they going to be happy, angry, excited, or not accepting? ?? I'm getting scared and cold feet! My other 2 pregnancies were not a happy announcement though we grew from it and moved on. Now they can't imagine life without their grandkids. I sigh this time is different. This time it's with a stable man who loves us and isn't going anywhere. I broke down crying. I felt so much fear of disappointing my parents once again.

     ♡♥♡♥dinner time♡♥♡♥

   All four of us where sitting at the dinner table. We say grace and everyone begins to eat. "Sheldon how was school today? Learn anything important?" I asked overly joyed.

   "Mom, you know I'm smarter than most of those kids. I'm not really learning anything important that I don't already know," Sheldon sounded so annoyed and bored of school.

  "Remember it's good for our brains to practice what we already know so we won't forget. Tiffany, how was your day?" I try to stay positive. ..

Tiffany looks at me puzzled. "There's something different about you mommy. Why are you all smilies and why is daddy only looking at you? I'm here too. School was super fun. I learned my birthday is July 28th. July is an awesome month since it's in summer but I think I'm gonna be sad because school isn't open during the summer or my birthday." Wow that girl can talk. Luckily she took a bite of her pork chop.

    I smiled at Mike and kinda blushed. "Alright well now is a perfect time  to share some good news." I take a huge deep breath. "We are going to have a baby by the end of this year. Daddy and I found out this morning."

"What that's great mom! I hope its a baby brother this time," Sheldon says while grinning. Tiffany looks super upset. "What's wrong honey?" Mike asks as he pulls her in for a hug. Finally Tiffany says,"I don't want t share my parents with anyone else! Can I help though with baby cares?"

♡♥♡♥ Phone call 6pm ♡♥♡♥

   After cleaning up dinner I had the kids go read for their 20 minute daily homework. Mike went to take care of the yard. I sigh I know it's time to call my parents. I drink a small sip of ice water. I'm so scared and nervous. If I do it in a text message my mom would be so upset. If I posted this on Facebook before she knew she's going to be upset. I just need to call. Dial. Come on you can do this.

   I pick up my phone and start calling. Mom answers, "Hello dear how is everything?"

"Hey mom I got some news. I'm really scared to even bring this up right now but wanted you to know from me instead of anyone else." I take a deep breath.

"Ok daughter of mine what is it?" She asked trying to sound supportive.

"Mom I'm pregnant. We found out this morning from Gabriel's corner. I hope you aren't upset with me and I know it's April Fool's day but this is really happening. I really am expecting and my due date is my birthday. Kinda ironic considering." Now I know where Tiffany gets her babbling from.

"Ok dear give me a few moments to collect my thoughts and talk with your dad. We are currently helping Laura move some of their cars around and not sure when we will be done. Love you honey bye!"

And that's what I got for a reaction. I didn't know what to expect to begin with.