1 Unexpected Encounters

Alex's POV
I couldnt sleep all night, I was too anxious. Anxiety is kind of like a puppy. Whenever something draws its attention, it starts barking, and that puppy was growling all night. I was specially worried about my roommate, The person I would spend the following 4 years of my life with. My alarm started going off, indicating it was time to start one of the most important days of My life.
I groaned at the annoying sound filling my room, then reached out to turn the alarm off. I let out a yawn and slowly slipped out of my bed. I unenthusiastically picked an outfit consisting of a light green hoodie and black jeans. I look around my room and see boxes towering on each other. I grunt, remembering I have to unpack all those boxes when I get to my dorm. I make my way down the stairs, to be greeted by my adoptive mother, Martha Washington, who was making pancakes for breakfast. My adoptive father, George Washington, teaches debate class so Atleast I have a part of the family with me. After I finish Eating my breakfast I text the group chat to see if they are all ready to go to college

-A bunch of revolutionary manumission abolitionist-

Little_lion: you guys ready?

Turtle_boi: for what?

Little_lion: Kings college duh.

Large_baguette: My things are packed and I'm ready to leave.

Hotpants: same here.

Turtle_boi: I think im emotionally ready, just need to pack some more of my shit.

Little_lion: ok. See you guys on campus.

I turn my phone off and put it away then take my plate to the sink. I head outside to the car and see that George has already put the boxes in the trunk. "You ready to go son?" "Just a second." I raced back to my room and took out a small rectangular box from a shelf with a necklace inside. It was from my mother, she gave it to me before she passed away. That necklace is all I have left from her. It meant the world to me. I grab the box and went downstairs to say my goodbyes to Martha. "goodbye Martha. I'm gonna miss you" she put her thumb on my chin and lifted it up. "I'll miss you too son. Remember to stay in touch" We give each other one last hug before my long trip to college. I went outside, got in the passenger seat of the car, and let out a big sigh after buckling my seatbelt.

It was going to be a long day.

Time skip
We arrive at the Kings college and the puppy is not really happy about it. I can feel it barking in my head, but I ignore it. I took my suitcases out of the trunk and stepped on to campus. The sound of all the suitcases wheel's rolling on the ground combined with all the students bickering and the puppy barking and growling inside my head is by far the most annoying sound ever. I walk around campus a little, trying to find the rev squad. After a while of searching and looking like a complete idiot, I find them sitting on a bench by a fountain. "Hey petit lion, over here!" Laf waved me over. I raced towards them and embraced them in a big group hug. "Where are the girls?" "I think the Schuylers are getting their dorm keys, but Maria I don't know." John looked a little worried about Maria. We haven't seen her after her sex scandal with some guy. I think his name was Sebastian McDaniels or something like that. "Guys we should go get our dorm keys" Herc said it with a serious tone, so we all agreed and made our way to the reception desk (is that what you call it? I don't know much about college. sorry,Back to the story). "Name?" "Alexander Hamilton" "alright sir, dorm number 547. Here are your keys." "Thank you."
That puppy inside my head was growling and barking at me. Something was very clearly bothering me. Then it hit me. Oh shit. I thought to myself. My dormmate. I let out a sigh and continue making my way to the dorm building and into the elevator. I press The button for the 5th floor. When the doors open I walk down the hall trying to find my dorm number. The puppy inside my head was growling and barking like never before. It was ready to attack. When I finally found my dorm number I wait outside the door a little to try and steady my breathing and stop shaking. Once I calmed down, I let out a huge sigh and opened the door. I take a step inside, closing the door behind me then hear another door open and close. A talker man wearing blue jeans and a magenta T-shirt steps out from one of the bedrooms. He had brown curly hair an-....wait.

Thats Thomas Jefferson. My biggest enemy. The reason I almost ended it all way back in high school.

I look at him with a terrified expresion on my face. I slap a hand over my mouth and start sobbing. "I-I can't...no.no." I start shaking once again. "Hamilton?" "I-I-I can't be your r-roommate." the puppy inside my head ready to attack any second now. "T-this isn't p-possible." The taller Virginian tries to get a step closer to me, a confused and worried expression on his face. " D-don't come n-near me!" I take my suitcase then sprint the room closest to the bathroom and locked the door. I lay my back on the door and slid down, laying my head on my knees and wrapping my arms around my head. I-I can't be roommates with J-Jefferson. The puppy inside my head pounced on me, causing me the worst headache In the world. I hear a knock on the door, "Hamilton, let me in. I wont hurt you" I was a shaking mess. I tuned everything out, My mind drifting back to one day In high school.

-FLASHBACK-
I was Laying on the floor, curled up in a ball lying in my own pain as I got the shit beat outta me.
"Your worthless Hamilton. How bout you just do the world a favor and kill yourself." At that moment I wanted to do exactly that.
I cried out in pain as Madison punched me in the jaw and Jefferson kicked me in the stomach. "No wonder your dad left you, I would have done the same."

I was helpless.
-FLASHBACK OVER-

I sobbed and sobbed, and no matter how hard Jefferson would knock, I wouldnt open the door. After a little while, the knocking ceased and I heard the ruffling of paper. I get up from my spot next to the door and pick up the note

Dear Alexander,
I know I wasn't really the nicest person to you in highschool. I am very truly sorry. I moved from that school becasue I wanted to change and hide the monster I created. I hope you accept my apology. By the way, if you want to, can we up at the cafe down the street? I want to make things right with you. Ill leave earlier than you so you dont have to see me.

Sincerely,
T. Jeff's

....should I go?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bounjour mes amies its ya girl the authour here with the first chapter of this emotional roller coaster. I hope you enjoyed it😊. Au revoir 👋❤️
~1269 words