Chapter 1

As the sun raised, my siblings, my dad and I ran across the quiet streets secretly. Have been doing this time and time again, I new not to make myself noticeable, so wearing a hoodie helped me most of the time, especially for what I am.

"A monster!" The voice echoed in my mind, someone had said it not too far from here, and I panicked, knowing police will soon come. We ran in the other direction and eventually made it to the start of a forest. We hadn't really gone in there, because there where always warnings of monsters and shadows , and we couldn't risk being caught, but now, we didn't have a choice. I grabbed my siblings hands as I saw a police men turn the corner. I ran with them into the forest, and without realizing it, I had lost out dad somewhere in the forest.

"LUNA!" I heard my dads voice somewhere but I couldn't tell where. I was getting scared, I had been in the dark before, but this time, I didn't know where I was! I felt two hands lach onto me, and I could smell both my younger siblings. I sighed with relief, knowing I had them was good enough.

"Luna.." I could hear my sister whisper, I could barely see her, but I could still see her Ocean blue eyes in the dark.

"Your eyes are glowing again.." I realized now I could see in the dark, good, my power was starting up. My brother, who was on the other side of me, looked around, still seeming a little scared.

"Where are we Luna?! And where's dad?!" My brother looked into my emerald eyes, I could sense how scared he was. I tried to stay calm, but it was hard. And then I heard it, whispers, really loud whispers to be exact. My sister backed up as she heard them get louder. Suddenly, it stopped. I sighed. What was that? But not two seconds later we heard a blood curdling scream that was of a woman's. We started running, the screaming was getting louder, and closer... But even when it stopped, we kept running. Whatever it was, we didn't want to be near it. After a while, my legs started to hurt, so I jolted to a stop, and we all rested.

"Whatever that was we should be far away from it by now" I said as I sat down near a tree. My sister nodded in agreement and plopped down next to me.

Two hours had past. We probably fell asleep but it doesn't matter. I got up and walked over to my siblings, shaking them to wake up. They didn't of course. "Freaking deep sleepers" I whispered. "crunch" I turned around as I heard the sound.

"WHOS THERE?!" My voice was loud, enough to wake my siblings up, and also enough to scare away whatever or whoever it was. I looked back at at them both, trying to keep myself calm.

"Is it fine if I leave both of you here while I search for something to eat?" I smiled at them to assure them it was fine now, and they nodded. I found a big branch I could use as a weapon if I needed, so I grabbed it off the floor and went deeper into the forest. I roamed for a while until I found a bush literally COVERED with berries. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to bring so many back....then I thought about where I was...where AM I?!

Suddenly, the whispers started again. I could hear my sister scream in the distance. I dropped everything in my hand and sprinted in the direction. Her screams went on and on, I thought I was getting farther away, I could feel tears starting up in my eyes. What if she's hurt? What if someone found them and is hurting them? The screams where fading to sobbing, I myself could feel my heart breaking. What if I don't get there in time? What if they are already gone? What if? I was so focused on my thoughts I hadn't noticed the tree in front of me. When I looked up I saw them for a split second, my siblings, they where ok! Just huddled together next to the tree sobbing. I saw their expressions start to change, as I crashed into the tree and ringing started in my ears. As I blacked out, I thought I heard my mom, calling my name in the soft, sweet tone I remember.

"Luna.. Luna... Luna... LUNA WAKE UP!"