Still, when she saw her brother talking about how excited he was to finally be able to play quidditch, the girl couldn't help but long for the glimmer in his eyes that was once in her own. 

Probably, under different circumcises, it would have still been there.

But those weren't there and Victoria was fully aware of the danger of 'what if'.

So she nodded, said what had to be said and let the boy speak word after word, showing no sign of envy or sadness for what once had been hers. Despite how envious she could have sometimes gone, nothing would ever rise over the level of happiness she felt spread through her body when the boy held the childish glimmer and bright, toothy smile that would show up less and less over the years.

Their father would find himself at work, and their grandparents would be at a mission lasting at least till midnight, the siblings returned to themselves.

They hadn't snug out. There had been a way better option. Just like that, Cayden and Victoria were walking around Diagon Alley along with Lola.

It was a bright summer day, the Alley crowding with wizards and witches from all ages. Some would be there for the first time, others for the thousand. And of course, being that little time away from returning to Hogwarts, the majority would set this as a purpose for their shopping. The siblings weren't there for that. They had never shopped there for school. It had always been someone other doing that for them, mostly their grandfathers' or grandmothers' houselves, both creatures that despite anyone other than their masters.

But Lola had, and the women seemed to find no reason in sparing the children any story she could tell to regarding any store.

"And that's where I got Rhea Silvia-," like an excited child, the woman pointed towards Eeylops Owl Emporium, referring to the silver owl that was probably sleeping at home. "-and of course, Lupa and Romulus." Both children smiled at the mention of their pets.

"Oh! Her at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour - that's where I had my first date. Honestly, worse ever. Wouldn't keep his hands by himself, and in all honesty, when he ate, he looked... Just, ew! Not only would he raise his spoon for like 5 centimeter before closing the distance just with his head, but - well, he would stick his tounge into the ice-cream and just move it in there a bit for like 10 seconds, before actually swolling. It looked like he was trying to give it oral. Speaking of, he wouldn't stop talking abo-" Cayden and Victoria shared a glance with one another. As hilarious as Lola's stories may be, her word choice often brought an unexpected turn to them.

"Honestly, I think it is better if we go later to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour - Do you see that line?, " Cayden added, as if not just the image the women created still haunted his appetite.

Her eyes followed towards where her brothers' words had to lead her to, indeed being greeted with an awfully long line of people waiting for the best ice cream in Britain.

"Haven't we already decided on going to Quality Quidditch Supplies first?" The boy seemed to be deep in thoughts, his face still wenched in diguest, before then suddenly widen his eyes, and smiling brightly nodding like he was on some kind of sugar rush before leading the way towards the shop.

"I definitely need new gloves. My old ones practically fall to ash once you put them on. Then Broomstick Servicing Kit, a new helmet and - Honestly, I should have gotten my list with me." Victoria chuckled at the dramatic behavior of her brother. She let him forget the sponsoring gifs they had received plenty from, once they had attended the quidditch world cup. Sharing a glance with her godmother, both woman simultaneously broke out in laughter. Cayden shoot them simultaneously a look, as if in complete misunderstanding on how they could not take this situation complete seriously.