• Chapter IX

We used to put our innocence on trial; smoking until

our lungs wept, drinking toasts to non-existence, passing out in

three feet of snow only to wake up on fire.

The new student seemed to be the talk of the school and as Victoria noticed almost every student talking about the attractive French boy, the girl remarked that she must be the only one not having seen the boy once

Only two days later, on Saturday, she met the new student.

The girls were sitting at the Gryffindor table, having breakfast while talking. Chewing her pancakes happily, the oldest Atkinson listened to the girls suggesting ideas for the day. "We could throw a party. ," Marleen suggested having a triumphing smile on her face and thinking that she just had the best idea ever. Sometimes Victoria thought that she and Sirius are too much alike in some points. And Victoria knew that the boy who would have just the exact same idea.

"Mar, when you need a reason to get drunk, there is a party in the Ravenclaw common room next week. Maybe we could go to the library and have a book day. ," Lily suggested in her last sentence, lying her fork down and started to tie her hair in a ponytail. And somehow she managed it get into the face of the person who was sitting next to her. Finish getting her hair ready, she was greeted with the skeptical expressions of her friends. "Yeah, It sounded much cooler in my head. ," she mumbled, looking down at her Scrambled eggs with mini sausages. Her friends chuckled since they noticed the blush that crept up her face.

"Why don't we just go outside? The weather is good. So good that even Victoria can even walk around in a T-shirt. ," Lily suggested with a joke following, which earned her a piece of pancake thrown at her. "Okay, you don't freeze always, but you are cold easily. The irony is almost poetic. Loves snow, yet freezes so fast. ," she added, taking an apple and swinging it around dramatically, making the girls giggle.

"Let's just go outside when-"

"Sirius Orion Black had arrived. ,"the obscene voice of the devil himself spoke up with him sitting himself next to Dorca. The girl, like the rest of her friends, groaned at the sight of him, knowing where he was, his other half isn't far away. Victoria had to hide a smile as Sirius placed himself between Lily and Dorca, both girls trying to get enough space between them and him as possible. "Black, where is your boyfriend? ,"Marleen questioned, smiling sarcastically.

With her sitting next to Mary, she could just watch amused the situation in front of her. Sirius sent her a confused look before a handsome grin appeared on his face. None of the girls would admit it but all of them understood why girls were swooning over the boy. Storm grey eyes, almost perfect bone structure, long black hair, and his lean but muscular body made himself a club among the Gryffindor students. Victoria could even see tree third years giggling like mad when he looked in their direction.