Prologue

' A Mysterious Phone Call '

It was a simple day, white silk curtains flowing as the mild cold breeze blows outside from the window. Autumn is already nearing its end, the fall of dried colorful leaves is already at its finishing state. A simple day it was, but not for the Leblancs' household, little did they know it wasn't going to be simple for them.

*Telephone ringing*

*Telephone ringing*

No one was there, but after a few seconds, someone finally picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mr. Leblanc?" A mysterious voice uttered through the phone.

"Yes, Steve Leblanc currently speaking. Who is this?" He curiously asked.

Completely dodging his question, the mysterious person replied, "We've heard that you and your wife, Mrs. Violet are one of the top tier representatives of your agency."

"How exactly did you found out about us then? And what do you want from us? Who're you anyway?" He sternly replied.

"You need not to know me. You'll know when we meet. I've got an offer for you, a high offer. Meet me near Woodhurst forest, my house is located in Dirk Street, 5th Avenue. Meet me today or else—" the mysterious person suddenly hung up.

"-or else..? What? Ugh. They hung up on me." He said in irritation. "Damn. Now we have to meet them, or else they might do something."

Violet Leblanc came in the room, catching his last words on the phone. She seems to be confused with what he said.

"Steve, who was that? Meet what? Meet who?" She questioned.

"Ugh. Someone called me, saying they had an 'offer' for us. And they just hung up and cut off what they were saying. They said something along the lines of 'meet me or else—' then nothing."

"Sooo? They're probably no one. Steve, don't stress about it too much." She said to him while she came to him and hugged him in his back.

"But what if. But what if they do something? Our baby? What if–" he worryingly reasoned.

"Sshhh" she hushed him while covering his mouth with her fingers.

"Fine." He said while rolling his eyes.

And so the day continued, Steve and Violet continued to do their work throughout the day until sunset. But something was still bothering Steve, he still couldn't forget what that mysterious person said. The person's last words kept replaying in his mind. He knew they needed to go, as it was something serious, and he wouldn't want to risk it, not for their child, Jake Leblanc.

Steve was in the zone of thinking, he was thinking too much. That words suddenly came out of his mouth.

"WE should GO," Steve shouted. It startled Violet and also himself as they were doing work in their office. "I think they're being serious. I can't stop thinking about it."

Violet didn't know what to say. She was silent for a few seconds. "You're still thinking about that?" She replied.

"We need to go. WE. NEED. TO. GO." He was being serious this time.