"I think you will be fine. Don't let the other side come out. If it does, control it. You do, and have before." He squeezed Donavin's shoulder reassuringly.

"Easier said than done, but that's my only option," Donavin said. "But I better get going." He walked out of the kitchen, leaving Leroy to his coffee. He grabbed his satchel, and walked out the front door, closing it quietly behind him. Following the road, he pushed away all the horrible thoughts that danced in his mind, trying to focus on the good. After a little while of walking through the woods, and part of the town, the school came into view. With a breath, he walked closer, through crowds of people. He went into the school, cautiously, finding he could go in. He found the office, because he needed to give the school papers to join. Leroy had made fake ones, which Donavin had already read over and agreed with.

  As he walked into the office, and felt he was being watched. He didn't look take any heed to it yet. The secretary that was behind the desk in the office looked up. "New?" She asked, folding her hands, gazing at him.

"Yes M'am," Donavin replied. He took the papers out of his bag, handing them to her. She looked them over.

"Donavin Emery Huxley, age 17, lives with his uncle, recently moved here." She briefly read off some of his information for him to confirm, which he nodded to. She silently and quickly read over some of the other pages.

"I think you are good to go," she said, filing the papers in a cabinet next to her desk. "Here's a schedule, all the books and supplies are listed on the last page. Your locker number and code, and a map of the school is also there. The library has the books you need until you get your own." She said a few papers across the desk.

  Donavin still felt the nagging feeling of being watched, and wanted to get the conversation over with so he could leave. "Thank you," he told her, grabbing the papers from the desk. "I'd better get going."

"Yes, I presume you will, " she said. "And your very welcome. If you have any questions, I'm always here."

  Donavin nodded, turning around to leave, wanting to see who was watching him. And sure enough, when he looked, three girls were ogling at him through the doorway. Walking out, they tried to act as if they weren't watching, but they didn't do a very good job of hiding it.

  Donavin looked briefly at them, then took out his paper that told him what locker he had. Number 26, smack dab in the middle of the hallway. Going over to it, he turned the lock to its correct numbers, 1463. Nothing was inside when he opened it, not expecting anything to be, and put a few of his papers he didn't need, on the shelf. He felt being watched again, and glanced to the side, to see a girl was standing right there, who Donavin recognized as one of the ones who was watching him.

"Hi!" She said, sounding little to eager, smiling wide. She thrust out a hand, "I'm Maya. Welcome to the school."

Donavin shook her hand, which she let go of quickly. "I'm Donavin." He told her.

  She smiled, blushing, "Nice to meet you! I'm going to see to it that I show you around this school. I know secretary Jane gave you a map, but they are suuuper annoying. A personal tour is way more memorable. I'm going to do it now, c'mon!" She spoke it all so quickly, flicking her hair every so often, Donavin barely had enough time to process it, jam some of his papers in his locker, grab his bag and shut it before she grabbed his arm and yanked him down the hallway. She let go of him, while he followed behind her. Glancing at his watch, he saw they had only around 30 minutes left before a class started.

"Oh, I know. We only have so much time," Maya commented, seeing him check the time. "So I'll make my tour quick. I won't let you be late on your first class."