4.30

mackenzie ran. and ran, and ran, and ran.

she scooped up her belongings, ignoring her friends worries and concerns, and stalked towards the parking lot. soft tears were spilling down her cheeks, but she wasn't crying. she was going to be stronger than that.

driving home, she worried; a lot. she worried that she had read the scenario wrong. she worried that they were friends with benefits. she worried that johnny had used her to make nadia jealous. she worried that nadia had a crush on her boyfriend.

she froze.

johnny was her boyfriend, and she'd forgotten that.

technically nadia had kissed him... and since they were interrupted he hadn't kissed back– but did touching someone's lips against your own mean you were a cheater? did it mean that she should automatically break up with him and ghost him? cut him out of her life? or should she talk to him? should she forgive him because they loved each other?

what was the appropriate etiquette in this situation? mackenzie had no idea. she'd never been cheated on, and hardly ever been in a relationship! she didn't know anyone that had been cheated on!

mackenzie's thoughts went round in circles, pinging back and forth. by the time she got home, she was exhausted, and didn't want to think anymore.

grabbing her phone out of the cupholder, she trudged upstairs, glad no one was home but annoyed at the amount of messages that were coming through her phone. she turned it on do not disturb without viewing any of her texts, and raked a hand through her unruly hair.

mackenzie sat down on her bed and sighed. before her mind had been buzzing, but now it was restful, empty.

she didn't know what to think, what to do.

eventually, she crawled into her bed and pulled the covers up around her, shutting her eyes and falling asleep.

AUTHORS NOTE

i have nothing to say abt this chapter