Chapter 3

I was nervous, tense, and shaking to start a new life alone without my kids and Christian, but I knew it was the best decision that I made in a very long time and I knew this was a dense decision to decide in such a short time.

After I got to the train station in Los Angeles, I bought a burger in a random store at the train station. Later, I got to a random hotel, it was a two-star hotel, and something that I realized is that the hotel staff didn't ask me for my ID, which that seems suspiciously. While I'm doing the check-in, I question everything the staff is telling me. I began to feel dizzy and nauseous but didn't make it a big deal.

I received the keys and sprinted to my room. When I got to my room, I climbed to the bed and stayed 30 minutes thinking about my decision and thinking about what I would do next. I was getting bored so, I turned on the television, the first thing I saw was the CNN news talking about my disappearance and what Christian wanted to tell me. I turned up the volume of the TV and the words that I heard from his mouth was something that I wasn't expecting to hear. 

"Anastasia, if you're hearing this, I'm sorry, I'm in love with someone else."

Right at that moment, I lost my consciousness.