The Begining of the End

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Before we begin...sorry. This took forever and it's really not that good. However, this is the last full chapter that'll be posted with this story, the rest will be in parts, and times between updates will vary. Again sorry, and this chapter might be a bit confusing. Enjoy, and please give feedback. I'd love to hear you!

No where near platonic love always,

     Author-

_______________

Nico opened his eyes to darkness. Or, he thought he opened his eyes. He could be dreaming, as it was so dark you could only dream of it. The darkness that makes you doubt whether your eyes are open or not. The darkness that you could slap yourself in the face in and not've seen it coming. The darkness that pushes and pulls on your ears, creating a constant ringing. The darkness of that vase. The darkness of the edge of Tartarus.

He fell to his knees and hit wood, but no sound came. He knew he didn't have any control over his body instantly, it's not a feeling you forget, and he became anxious quickly.

A conveyor belt started to propel him forward, and as his vision looked up he saw a door slowly opening. He realized he was running and burst through.

The first thing he noticed was red. It was dark, but reflected light from no where. He then noticed Piper, sitting on nothing, legs crossed, looking at him with concerned eyes. "Nico? Are you alright?" She asked, standing. She continued to look at him as she pulled away a sheet, almost like she didn't know she was doing it. As soon as the sheet was gone, Nico's head snapped to where it used to be. In it's place, was Bianca, laying quietly, eyes closed, like she was sleeping. Nico felt the only connection he had had so far with his body when his eyes widened and tears started to slowly flow down his cheeks. His mind raced. Was she really alive? No- no he talked with her ghost, it's impossible. She's just a figment of his imagination.

But he still looked up in shock as suddenly Piper's dagger was being held over her neck, and didn't try to fight (even if he could) against his body when his hand shot out and grabbed Piper's wrist.

Automatically, her face shifted from concern to guarded. "Nico?" She asked, voice not wavering as she used charmspeak. "Please put my wrist down. We can talk about this. How's Leo?"

That sent a shock out through Nico's mind. Leo. Leo, why does she know about Leo? He thought this was a dream?

Nico's body continued to move without his consent and twisted her arm around her back. She called out in pain and started yelling at him with charmspeak, but it seemed not to have an effect and Nico watched in horror as the red on his side suddenly hardened and he pushed her head quickly into it, knocking her unconscious.

Nico's mind was reeling as he watched, unable to move or speak or show anything on the outside. His body turned to see Bianca sit up slowly, hair in her face, and dissolve into nothing.

Nico's body turned frantically, looking for her in the red, but a sudden grip had his hands behind his back and his chest pressed against the red wall. "Nico, what are you doing?" Jason's voice echoed behind his ear. For a moment, Nico thought that he wouldn't have to hurt anybody else, and that he'd wake up from this nightmare.

But as Nico's body pushed against the hardened red and he ran up the wall, flipping over Jason's body. The blonde turned quick and Nico's hand shot out. Shadows built up quickly in front of him and made a wall that pushed forward and rammed into the son of Jupiter, flinging him backwards and sending him into the wall where he crumbled. "Jason!" Nico's mind called out and started to fight against his body. But it was like spraying mist on a wild fire.