Chapter Three: She Would Do That

Naomi and Shay

The two girls walked down one of the lower halls.

"I haven't heard another scream, I have no idea where to go." Whispers Shay. Naomi nods her reply and they keep walking. Their foot steps echoing through the empty halls.

"Hailey!" Naomi yells, cupping her hands around her mouth.

"Wha-what do you think is happening?" She stutters.

"I don't know, maybe she fell down the stairs or something." Naomi replies looking over her shoulder.

"She would do that." Laughs Shay lightly, trying to ease the mood. Suddenly a shape appears at the end of the long hallway.

"Hailey?" Shay yells out. Before they can take another step forward the creature screeches wildly and throws it's head back at such an angle that the shape that seems to make up it's neck snaps in two and it's head falls to the ground.

The girls scream and run the other way, they can hear the whoosh of the smokey thing following them. Some sort of garbled speech rises up from behind them.

"Must-plessss-mastrrrrrrRRRRRrrR" the sound rumbles.

"Down this hallway!" Naomi shouts out of breath from running for so long

At the same time they take a sharp turn down into a hallway to their left. Before they slip into a classroom and hide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was chasing them. They turned. I tried to read the human language on the big double door.

Music Room

I happily smile.

I can make this fun. Master will be so happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi and Shay slowly made their way to the back room, where all the band instruments were kept. Naomi played the trumpet, along with Hailey and Jessica. She knew a good place to hide.

"Why are we going through the percussion section?" Whispered Shay.

"Because it is up against the wall. If it comes in then we will have time to duck." Naomi whispers back. They kept making their way through the drums and symbols careful not to cause a commotion.

"Ok, so if we go-" Naomi couldn't finish. They two door flung open with such force the handles stuck into the wall. The girls gasped and jumped down. Shay's hand hit the symbol making it crash loudly.

Shay's eyes widen and she threw her hands over her mouth. Naomi crouched down even lower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can see them hiding behind the big circles. They don't know. The one with curly hair is loud and clumsy. Making a crash sound on the brass circle. I float up to the chalk board and spin it. When I hear the girls gasp I smile. Running to the instruments I swing them off the shelf causing them to scatter, for more affect I leave some hanging in the air.

Now I can do what Master wants.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Shay whimpers.

"Shhh!" Shushes Naomi.

"But that flute it just hanging there!" Whispered Shay franticly. "It's gonna kill us!!"

"Shut up! Just keep calm. Maybe it is looking for us it probably doesn't know where we are." Just as Naomi finished speaking all the drums slowly started at a soft pitter patter. All at the same time, timpani, xylophone, snare. Then they got louder. Their organized little song turned into sparatic noises, all surrounding the shaking girls. The sounds were booming. Shay clasped her hands over her ears trying to shield her self from the terrible noise.

Then all the instrument cases flung open, floating instruments joined the terrifying drums, playing notes Naomi didn't even know existed.

The it all went silent.

The instruments dropped from the air.

Everything froze.

~~~~~~~~~

I can hear their fear.

I relish it.

Allowing my ears to indulge in the terror.

Then I approach.

~~~~~~~~~

Everything went completely dead. "Did it leave?" One of the girls whispered.

"NO!!" A screech filled the room.

The girls screamed and tried to run. Naomi ran from the room, her head throbbing and her legs felt like they were going to collapse under her. But when she turned around. There was no Shay.

She was pinned down. In the centre of the room. On the cold floor. Above her towered a dog made up of black smoke, it growled and snapped at her. Yellow teeth and black drool becoming more visible. It barked and the rest of its pack came up behind it. Shay screamed and tried to squirm her way out. But the claws were dug into her arm too deep. She tripped over the tuba case on the floor. The ravenous dogs circled her, growling with hunger in their eyes. Then they closed in.

All Naomi heard was the scream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A hand covered with a black leather glove slowly reached down and patted the dog's head. It wagged its tail and opened its mouth, revealing blood coated teeth. Then with a poof it was back to the swirling smoke, grinning happily and looking down at the bloody master peace of the floor.

Flesh was scattered around a pile of bones, picked clean. Blood was dried and it had pooled around the random assortment of destruction . The hooded figure crouched down beside the mess and gingerly took a feather earring out of what is left of Shay's earlobe.

Underneath the shadow that the hood cast over it's face, the figure smiled.

"Next."